Find the right side dish with these 5 Easter potato recipes. Potatoes make an excellent addition to any holiday menu. Serve them with lamb, pork loin or ham.
Cold potato salad is refreshing and can compliment many main courses. Save time and make this Easter potato recipe the night before.
To make potato salad you’ll need:
- 6 boiled, cooled, red potatoes
- 6 boiled eggs, cooled
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped celery stalk
- 2 cups of mayonnaise
- 1 tbs. of Dijon mustard
- Chop potatoes. Leave skin on.
- Chop boiled eggs.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and chill overnight. Serve cold.
Hash brown Casserole
Hash brown casserole is a simple Easter potato recipe. Serve this dish with breakfast, lunch or dinner. This cheesy recipe is sure to please the kids.
To make hash brown casserole, you’ll need:
- 2 lbs of frozen hash browns
- ½ cup of butter, melted
- ½ chopped yellow onion
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of light sour cream
- 2 cups of grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Defrost hash browns.
- Mix all ingredients in a large casserole dish.
- Heat for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
Baked Potato Soup
Make baked potato soup as an appetizer or main course. This Easter potato recipe makes great leftovers.
To make baked potato soup, you’ll need:
- 4 baked potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/3 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 package of bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 cup of sour cream
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3 cups of milk
- Heat a large pot of medium heat. Melt butter.
- Add flour and stir.
- Slowly pour milk, steadily stirring.
- Add potatoes, onions.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer while adding sour cream, cheese and bacon.
- Continue cooking on low heat for ten minutes or until cheese is melted.
Mashed potatoes are a traditional Easter potato recipe. Serve this dish with pork roast or ham.
To make mashed potatoes, you’ll need:
- 2 lbs of potatoes, boiled, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbs. minced garlic
- 1 cup of half and half
- 1 tsp. of salt
- ¼ tsp. of pepper
- Wire Masher
- Electric mixer
- Mash potatoes with a wire masher in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
Twice Baked Potatoes
Twice baked potatoes are a unique way to serve this popular starch. This Easter potato recipe can be prepared the night before and popped in the oven before meal time.
To make twice baked potatoes, you’ll need:
- 6 medium potatoes
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup of milk
- 6 bacon slices, fried and crumbled
- wire masher
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork and bake for one hour, or until tender. Allow to cool.
- Cut potatoes in half. Scoop potato from skins and drop into a large mixing bowl. Place skins on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Mash potatoes in bowl with wire masher. Add sour cream and continue to mash until potatoes are smooth.
- Using an electric mixer, beat in milk. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Fill each potato skin with mixture, filling slightly over the top.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.