5 Easter Side Dishes
Learn about 5 Easter side dishes that taste and look great. These dishes were chosen because of their simplicity to make and their history with the holiday. Easter is celebrated differently through out the world, mainly as a religious holiday, but one thing is the same for everybody, a time for family and great food.
- Scalloped Potatoes: Cheesy scalloped potatoes are a great side dish. Give this dish a simple twist by frying up some bacon and sprinkling the bits on top before serving.
- Green Bean Casserole: This dish is a classic, and a favorite at many different holidays. Green Bean casserole can be mad plain, with french fried onions or even with cheese flavored french fried onions, however it is made it is a great side dish for any type of Easter meal.
- Mashed Potatoes: Mashing potatoes is easy and there are many variations of this dish. Potatoes can be creamy or chunky mashed, made with garlic, horseradish or cheese. This is a very versatile dish that can be made in less than an hour.
- Braised Carrots: This side dish goes with everything and tastes great. These carrots are easy to make and can be made with a variety of different spices, such as thyme or fennel, or they can be made to be sweet by using sugar.
- Green Salad: Lettuce can be topped with many varieties of vegetables or meats. Salad makes a good side dish because of it goes with everything and can be eaten with or without dressing.
All of these dishes go great with ham, turkey, prime rib, or whatever meat is served at Easter dinner. Side dishes are great because there are so many different ways to make them to suit every bodies taste.