5 Easy Appetizer Ideas For Thanksgiving
These 5 easy appetizer ideas for Thanksgiving will have you looking like you know what you’re doing in the kitchen when the truth is, you may just be clueless. If impressing people is what you’re looking to do, these ideas for Thanksgiving appetizers are sure to get you some brownie points.
- Cheese and meat tray appetizer. An all-time classic Thanksgiving appetizer that offers a little bit of everything for all sorts of people's taste buds. Choose from a selection of different types of cheese and meats such as salami, pepperoni and prosciutto. Use specially designed knives to cut cheese and meats to give them wavy edges for a more complete look.
- Deviled eggs on a bed of spinach appetizer. Deviled eggs are often a welcomed addition to an Thanksgiving appetizer menu. These can be easily achieved by hard boiling eggs, cutting the eggs in half, removing yolks and mixing the yolks with a bit of mayonnaise and a touch of mustard for a creamy texture. Sprinkle some paprika on top for an appealing look and serve on a bed of spinach.
- Stuffed mushrooms appetizers. Mushroom caps can be stuffed with just about anything from sausage to cream cheese and cheese to regular stuffing mix. Bake until soft, top with some shredded cheese and serve. This Thanksgiving appetizer will be a crowd pleaser.
- Vegetable or fruit dips appetizer. Veggie platters or fruit platters are always a hit when it comes to Thanksgiving appetizers and people are bound to find something they like on these types of platters. Including a vegetable or fruit dip is the icing on the cake. Dips can be made easily by blending cream cheese and dry salad dressing for vegetables or cream cheese and a flavored marmalade for fruits.
- Finger sandwich appetizers. These appetizers can be made simply by making regular sized sandwiches, cutting off the crust first, and then cutting the sandwich into fours. You can be creative by using specialty meats, cheese and breads. Keep them together by using cocktail style toothpicks to give a more finished look for Thanksgiving.