Plan your holiday menu using these 5 easy Australian Christmas recipes. Holiday planning can be time consuming, however adding easy recipes to your menu will help to remove some of the burden, leaving you more time to enjoy the holiday with your friends and family.
Australian Christmas recipe for pavlova:
- 6 egg whites
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups castor sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. corn flour
- Whisk egg whites until stiff.
- Mix in half of the sugar until dissolved.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Line a pan with foil, add mixture to the middle of the foil and smooth out.
- Add pan to the oven and cook for one and a half hours.
- When firm to touch turn off the oven and allow to cool in the oven.
Australian Christmas recipe for hot cheesy triangles:
- 15 sheets ready made filo pastry
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup mature cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease two large cookie sheets.
- Add crumbled feta cheese to a bowl and stir in the cheddar, chives and nutmeg. Add pepper to taste
- Brush the filo pastry with melted butter and then cut the filo with kitchen scissors in half lengthwise. Fold each file in half and brush with butter.
- Add four tablespoons of the filling to each strip in the lower corner.
- Form a triangle by folding the filo over the filling, encasing the filling.
- Add the pastries to a cookie sheet and brush with melted butter.
- Bake for fifteen minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Australian Christmas recipe for rum ball muffins:
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of coconut
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup brown rum
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- All raisin to soak in rum for at least two hours.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease the muffin pan or line with muffin cups.
- Mix the first four ingredients in a bowl. Add the coconut and sugar to the mix.
- Combine the milk, eggs and melted butter in another bowl. Add the rum and raisins, and mix.
- Combine the two bowls and mix well.
- Pour spoonfuls of the mixture into muffin tins and sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake for fifteen to twenty minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Australian Christmas Recipe for grilled asparagus:
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat grill on high.
- Using olive oil, lightly coat the asparagus. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for two to three minutes, or to desired tenderness.
Australian Christmas recipe for garlic roasted chicken:
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp. plain flour
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Place a large sheet of tin foil in the roasting pan to wrap around the chicken.
- Add salt and pepper to the chicken and stuff with half of the lemon slices.
- Place the chicken in the pan, breast side up.
- Sprinkle garlic and thyme over the chicken.
- Add the rest of the lemons to the top of the chicken.
- Fold the tin foil, loosely around the chicken.
- Bake one to two hours, or when the thighs are no longer pink.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…