Once the heat of summer has died down, you need these 5 easy autumn cocktail recipes to replace the crisp gin and tonics and frozen margaritas that are perfect for sweaty days. Counter the nip in the autumn air with a heated drink, especially if it has a fall flavor. Many perfect fall recipes require only a couple of ingredients. Measurements are general guidelines; add more or less of each ingredient to your easy autumn cocktail recipe according to your taste.
- 1 1/2 oz. caramel vodka
- Mug of warm apple cider (alcoholic or nonalcoholic)
- Add a splash of caramel vodka to warm apple cider–hard or not–to replicate the taste of the gooey treat that was so fun as a kid. The bonus is, there is no risk of your fillings being pulled out.
Hot chocolate mint. A shot of peppermint schnapps in your hot cocoa is even better than marshmallows. This easy autumn cocktail recipe is cold weather's answer to mint chocolate chip ice cream.
- 1 1/2 oz. peppermint schnapps
- Mug of hot cocoa
- Prepare a mug of hot chocolate.
- Add the peppermint schnapps.
Hot buttered rum
- 8 oz. apple cider
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 oz. lemon juice
- 2 oz. dark rum
- 1 tsp, butter
- This one involves a stove. Put the apple cider, cloves, cinnamon stick and lemon juice in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Pour it into a mug, then add dark rum.
- Top it with the butter.
- 1 1/2 oz. Irish whiskey
- Mug of hot coffee
- Add Irish whiskey to your coffee to give it a little kick and warm you up on cold evenings. This easy autumn cocktail is a classic.
Calypso. The name of this easy autumn cocktail might call to mind white beaches and tropical temperatures, but another name for it is a Jamaican coffee. If you want to be true to the origins, add Tia Maria and Jamaican rum to your coffee. However, another coffee liqueur can replace Tia Maria, and any rum should suffice.
- 3/4 oz. Tia Maria
- 3/4 oz. Jamaican rum
- Mug of hot coffee
- Make your hot coffee.
- Add Tia Maria and rum.
"The Complete Bartender," Robyn M. Feller, 1990.