When you're camping, it's important to come equipped with some of these 5 easy camping recipes. Some of the best meals can be made on a campfire or on a small camping stove. With a little preparation before you head out, and with basic cooking equipment, you can be making delicious homemade meals in no time.
- Campfire-Seared Salmon Easy camping recipes don't have to be boring. Place a salmon steak on a sheet of foil and curl the foil around the salmon to create a bowl under the salmon. Sprinkle three cloves of garlic on the salmon steak and spritz it with the juice of one lemon. Add salt and fresh-cracked ground pepper. Cover the packet lightly with a sheet of foil and crimp the edges to create a package. Place the steak on the grill and cook for 15-30 minutes.
- Campfire Spaghetti To keep camp cooking simple, consider easy camping recipes that require some cooking ahead of time. Before embarking on your camping trip, brown a pound of ground beef with some sauteed onions and garlic. Drain the beef and pour it into a zip-top bag. Place in your camping cooler. Once you're camping, boil a quart of water in a pan on a camp stove or campfire. Add a pinch of salt, and once boiling, boil a package of spaghetti noodles. In another pot, pour in a jar of spaghetti sauce and dump in the ground beef. Heat the sauce and meat through, and serve over the drained spaghetti noodles and sprinkle a small amount of Parmasean cheese on top to serve.
- Hearty Breakfast Getting your belly full of a hearty breakfast with these easy camping recipes is simple. Start out with a hot skillet and griddle on a campfire or camp stove. Cut three English muffins in half, and place face down on the griddle. Add a few teaspoons of oil to the skillet, and crack three eggs and put them in the skillet. As the eggs are finished, add a slice of cheese and place them on the English muffin.
- Hiking Tacos Before going camping, bake 2-3 chicken breasts and dice into small pieces. Once you're camping, put the chicken into 4-5 tortillas. Top with diced tomatoes, salsa and lettuce. Wrap the tacos tightly in foil and place them in a small camping cooler. This is one of the easy camping recipes that can keep you full during a long hike.
- Banana Camping Sundae What about easy camping recipes for dessert? Take three bananas on a piece of foil. Sprinkle chocolate chips, nuts and marshmallows on top. Fold up the foil and place the packet on the campfire or camp stove. Cook until the bananas are soft. Serve directly out of the foil packet for a sweet and filling dessert.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.