5 Easy Canada Day Recipes
When you celebrate Canada Day with the 5 easy Canada Day recipes you will be able to sit back and relax with your friends. You can compliment the fireworks as you celebrate Canada's independence with drinks, barbecue, and sweet desserts.
Canada Day Roasted Red Pepper and Basil Skewers
- 100 g Mozzarella Cheese, cut into cubes
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 2 yellow peppers, roasted, and cut into 8 squares each
- 16 small cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Zesty Italian dressing
- Thread all ingredients except for dressing onto 16 toothpicks.
- Place in a shallow dish.
- Add dressing turning to evenly coat skewers.
Sun-Dried Tomato and Garlic Dip for Canada Day
- 8 oz soft cream cheese
- 1/2 cup miracle whip
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 clove garlic, minced1
- tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- Mix all ingredients except tomatoes until well blended.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Serve with crackers and veggies.
Canada Day Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 1 pork shoulder
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp grated ginger root
- 16 sandwich buns
- Place meat in foil pan. Mix barbeque sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, and ginger. Pour 1/3 of mixture over meat. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill to meduim heat.
- Place foil pan with meat in it on grill. Cover with lid. Grill 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until meat is cooked through. Remove from grill and cover with foil.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile pour remaining barbeque sauce mixture in saucepan and cook on medium low until heated through.
- Shred meat or chop into bite size pieces. Add to saucepan and toss to coat. Serve in the buns.
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 chipotle pepper, diced
- 1 tsp chipotle sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup Spanish onion, julienned
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel, core and slice apples into matchsticks.
- In small bowl, combine chipotle, sugar, and lime juice. Add onion, apple, and cilantro.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Canada Day Flag Cake
- 1 pkg. prepared pound cake, cut into 12 slices
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages Strawberry Jello powder
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups Cool Whip topping
- Cover bottom of 13X9 baking dish with cake slices. Set aside.
- Add boiling water to jello powder in a large bowl. Stir 2 minutes until dissolved. Add ice cubes, stir 3-5 minutes until melted.
- Stir in 1 cup of strawberries. Pour mixture over cake.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes, then cover with Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate 4 more hours until Jello is firm. Arrange remaining berries to resemble the Canadian Flag.