5 Easy Chicken Dumpling Recipes
Here are 5 easy chicken and dumpling recipes sure to bring back those feelings of warmth and security that only comfort food can bring. Chicken and Dumplings are not hard to make and can feed quite a few people with a few ingredients. This is a classic recipe and every cook should find the recipe they like best and keep it handy for those nights when you want something quick, filling and tasty.
1. Easy Chicken Dumplings
- 3-4 Chicken pieces
- 1 gallon Water
- 5 Chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/2 t Salt and 1/4 t Pepper
- 2 c. Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 t Baking powder
- Mix 2 cups of flour, ½ t salt, ¼ t pepper and 1 t baking powder in a bowl, in a separate bowl beat eggs and water. Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Stew chicken in gallon of water until tender. Remove chicken to cool and add 5 chicken bouillon cubes to water. Bring broth to a boil.
- Take refrigerated dumpling dough and work with hands. Roll out as thin as you can and cut in slices.
- Drop in boiling broth and cook until translucent.
2. Quick and Super Easy Chicken and Dumplings
- 2 ¼ cups baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
- In medium bowl stir together the biscuit mix and milk until just combined. Set aside.
- Pour the cans of chicken broth into a saucepan along with the 2 cans of chicken; bring to a boil.
- Once the broth is at a steady boil, take a handful of the dough and flatten it in your hands. Tear off 1 to 2 inch pieces of dough and drop them in the boiling broth. Make sure pieces of dough get fully immersed when first dropped in.
- Once all dough is in the pot stir carefully so that the last few pieces added get covered by the broth. Simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
3. Ridiculously Easy Chicken & Dumplings
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 2 cans diced chicken
- 2 cans refrigerated biscuits (10 count size)
- Bring chicken to a boil in broth, seasoning with salt and pepper if desired.
- Roll out biscuits on floured board and cut in strips.
- Drop strips into boiling broth and simmer about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Quick Chicken and Dumplings
- 1 ½ c. milk
- 1 c. frozen green peas and carrots
- 1 c. cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 can (10 ¾ ounces) condensed creamy chicken mushroom soup
- 1 c. store bought biscuit mix
- 1/3 c. milk
- Paprika, if desired
- Heat 1 ½ c. milk, the peas and carrots, chicken and soup to boiling in a large saucepan, stirring frequently.
- Mix store bought biscuit mix and the 1/3 c. milk until a soft dough forms. Drop dough by spoonfuls into chicken mixture (avoid dropping directly in liquid). Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cook uncovered over low heat for 10 minutes, cover and cook 10 more minutes.
5. Really Easy Chicken and Dumplings
- 2 chicken quarters (leg and thigh)
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 4 carrots
- 8 3/4 c. Water
- Seasonings to taste
- 2 T. Flour
- 1 c. instant biscuit mix
- Put chicken and around 6-8 cups of water in a large pan and bring to a low boil. Simmer for around 1 hour. Remove from heat and remove chicken from liquid, let cool. Remove skin and bones, chop the meat up and put back in to the pot.
- Peel and cube potatoes. Coarsely chop onion, carrots and celery, add to pot with potatoes. Add in spices if you choose to add any.
- Simmer for about a half an hour.
- If you prefer a more stew like quality, mix 2 T. flour with ¾ c. water and add to broth to thicken it. For dumplings mix 1c. instant biscuit mix with just enough water to make a thick dough. Drop by spoonfuls into simmering broth. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, then uncover and cook for 10 more minutes.