5 Easy Christmas Day Recipes
When you are planning Christmas dinner, you may want to check out these 5 easy Christmas Day recipes. These recipes can make your Christmas dinner a hit and your guests will think you spent all day slaving in the kitchen. The only way your Christmas Day dinner could be easier is if someone else cooked it for you.
Orange Cranberry Sauce
- 1 bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Juice from two oranges
- Peel from one orange
- 1 tsp. ground ginger (fresh if possible)
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Cranberries. In a medium sized pot, bring water and sugar to a boil. Add cranberries. Cook until about half the berries have popped.
- Orange. Add remaining ingredients and continue cooking until all cranberries have popped.
- Extra flavor pop. Add some orange liqueur for an extra punch of flavor. Replace the juice of one orange with one-fourth cup of orange liqueur. Stir well.
Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- 5 lbs. potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 stick butter
- 8 oz. Cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch scallions, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil. In a large pot, boil potatoes until fork tender. Drain excess water and return potatoes to pan.
- Mix. Add butter and sour cream. Begin mashing potatoes. When almost completely mashed add cheese, scallions and salt and pepper. Continue mashing until desired consistency.
Green Beans with Bacon
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tsp. oil
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 2 pieces bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Beans. In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook for a minute. Add green beans and cook for an additional four minutes.
- Simmer. Reduce heat to medium and add water to pan. Cook for five minutes. Put into serving dish and sprinkle with salt and bacon.
Cheddar Cheese Ball
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 16 oz. Cheddar cheese
- 1 package dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Cheese. Mix together cream cheese, Cheddar cheese and dry Ranch dressing mix. Mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pecans. Form cheese mixture into a ball and roll into pecans. Roll until the outside is completely covered.
- 2 liters club soda
- 64 oz. cranberry juice
- Cinnamon candy
- Mix. Into a punch bowl, pour club soda and cranberry juice. Add ice and cinnamon candy to taste.