5 Easy Christmas Eve Appetizers
Here are 5 easy Christmas Eve appetizers for you to serve to your family and friends. Christmas Eve is a night of excitement and a night of hope. Many will open their presents Christmas Eve, so these night time appetizers should be delicious and easy to make. Hopefully by spending less time in the kitchen making these appetizers, you will have more time to enjoy the Christmas Eve holiday with your family.
1. Green Pea and Avocado Spread
- 1 16 ounce package frozen peas
- 2 avocados, peeled and de-seeded
- Juice 1 small lime
- Salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Place all the above in a food processor. Pulse several times until well mixed.
- Taste the spread to see if it needs more salt. Serve with crackers or toasted small size bread rounds.
2. Christmas Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 cups of pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp, nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 2 tblsps. butter, melted
- 2 tblsps. honey
- In a small pan, add in the butter and the honey. When the mixture becomes hot add in the raw pumpkin seeds.
- Coat the seeds with the honey and butter mixture and then add in the spices. Mix the entire amount of seeds and remove from the stove.
- Allow the seeds to cool slightly and then place in decorator bowls. Serve this with assorted nuts.
3. Spicy Cashews and Walnuts
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 tblsps. virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- Place the oil in a pan and heat. Add in the nuts and the spices.
- Mix well together and then remove from the heat. Allow to cool on a tray and serve.
- This Christmas appetizer is easy to make and easy to eat. Serve along side the pumpkin seeds.
4. Avocado Sandwiches
- 1 loaf Essene Bread, sliced
- Dijon mustard
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 2 avocados, sliced thin
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 cucumbers, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cups Alfalfa Sprouts
- Lay out eight slices of bread. Spread each bread with the Dijon mustard.
- On the bread layer a small lettuce leaf, a few slices of avocado, some cucumber slices, shredded carrots and a few sprouts. Place the other slices of bread on top.
- Cut the sandwiches in diagonal cuts. Serve these wonderful Christmas appetizers with chips.
5. Pomegranate Yogurt
- 1 quart plan yogurt
- 1 large pomegranate, peeled and seeded
- 1 scallion chopped finely
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Dash of salt
- 1/3 cup toasted almond slivers
- In a large bowl put the yogurt, most of the pomegranate seeds, scallions, salt and lemon juice. Mix well with large wooden spoon.
- Place this Christmas appetizer in desert bowls. Top each bowl with some of the left over pomegranate seeds and toasted almond slivers.