Here are 5 easy Christmas Eve recipes for dinners. that will make entertaining enjoyable. With the stress that comes with the holidays its important to find way to entertain and enjoy food without spending hours in the kitchen. A simple salad, beef tenderloin, mushrooms, baked potato and simple dessert make great holiday meal. Enjoy these easy Christmas Eve recipes this year so you will have a memorable Christmas Eve.
Christmas Italian Salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce diced
- 1 head of raddicco diced
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 cucumber peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 10 basil leaves shredded finely
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the greens and vegetables mix in large salad bowl.
- Mix the wine vinegar, olive oil and minced garlic in a small bowl. Add the dressing to salad mixture.
- Toss dressing evenly through salad. Add salt and pepper. Refrigerate for an hour serve with dinner.
Beef Tenderloin with Pepper Crust
- 1- 3 pound beef tenderloin
- 1-1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage chopped coarsely.
- 2 tablespoons of ground black peppercorn medley
- prepared horseradish sauce
- Place the tenderloin on a rack in a large roasting pan. Rub the olive oil into the tenderloin evenly.
- Mix the pepper, salt, grated lemon peel, and chopped sage in small bowl. Add some olive oil to the herbs.
- Evenly rub the mixture into the tenderloin before cooking. Insert a meat thermometer in the tenderloin.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake for a 1/2 hour.
- Cook the meat for fifteen to twenty minutes longer if needed. Make sure the internal temperature reaches 155 for medium-rare.
- Let stand ten minutes before serving.
Baked Potatoes with Cheddar and Chives
- 4 to 8 russet potatoes
- 1 bag shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chives diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- Wash potatoes well remove any dirt from skin. Poke with fork so steam will vent.
- Place on baking sheet with foil put in oven at 450 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Mix cheddar cheese and chives with olive oil in small bowl. After potatoes are cooked cut open with a knife.
- Add toppings broil under broiler for about five minutes. Serve immediately.
- 1 package fresh mushroom sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- salt and pepper
- On the stove in a fry pan heat the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and cook over medium heat.
- Mix the spices and sprinkle evenly over the mushrooms. Add lime juice. Cook mushrooms for 5 to 10 minutes until done.
- Serve hot.
Raspberries with Vanilla Ice Cream and Grand Mariner
- 1 /2 gallon of vanilla ice cream
- 2 pints of fresh or frozen raspberries
- 3 tablespoons Grand Mariner
- whipped cream
- Wash the raspberries and put in bowl. Add the Grand Mariner and chill an hour or more.
- Scoop the vanilla ice cream into bowls or parfait glasses top with raspberries. Top with whipped cream.
Enjoy these five great easy Christmas Eve recipes. Soon you will be creating a Christmas Eve holiday menu of your own.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …