Five easy Christmas lunch recipes include light and easy to make casseroles and salads. A Christmas lunch need not require hours of preparation for you to still serve an interesting array of dining choices. Light lunch dish options meet both requirements, and the ease in preparation means you'll have more time to spend with your holiday guests.
- fresh fruits in green, white and red
- Cut and clean fruit.
- Cut fruit into one inch squares.
- Toss fruit to mix.
- Add yogurt to taste and toss salad again.
- Serve this easy Christmas lunch fruit recipe over yogurt and add parsley.
- Break walnuts.
- Cut apples.
- Dice celery.
- Mix apples with mayonnaise.
- Add walnuts and celery to taste.
- Serve with two inch stalk of celery to emphasize the red, white and green colors of this easy Christmas lunch recipe.
- your favorite wheat and white bread
- cream cheese
- chopped chives
- This easy Christmas lunch sandwich is perfect for serving when a table seating is not available. Cut the bread with various size glasses. Place pairs of bread circles on a tray.
- Clean and slice cucumbers into 1/4 to 1/8 inch slices.
- Spread cream cheese on each side of a pair of bread circles.
- Place cucumber slices in the middle and add a scattering of chopped chives.
- Idaho potatoes
- spices, to taste
- Cut potatoes into thin slices.
- Layer taters in baking pan.
- Place a 1/4 teaspoon butter on the layer.
- Dust with flour.
- Continue layering until the pan fills.
- Pour milk over the top.
- Bake until bubbling hot.
- greens and lettuce
- sweet onion
- Wash all veggies.
- Dry well so water doesn't ruin salad.
- Tear greens and lettuce into inch pieces.
- Layer greens in individual serving bowls.
- Add dressing.
- Dress with radishes and onions for a holiday lunch flare.
Lawson, Nigella. "Nigella Christmas: Food Family Friends Festivities." Hyperion, 2009.
Check out this list of salads for men
Even if you aren’t a Saudi oil baron, it’s fun to gaze at the extravagant items upscale brands roll out around the holid ...
Anyone can drag their Christmas tree out to the curb. It takes a resourceful man to turn a Christmas tree into a beer mu ...