Five easy Christmas lunch recipes include light and easy to make casseroles and salads. A Christmas lunch need not require hours of preparation for you to still serve an interesting array of dining choices. Light lunch dish options meet both requirements, and the ease in preparation means you'll have more time to spend with your holiday guests.
- fresh fruits in green, white and red
- Cut and clean fruit.
- Cut fruit into one inch squares.
- Toss fruit to mix.
- Add yogurt to taste and toss salad again.
- Serve this easy Christmas lunch fruit recipe over yogurt and add parsley.
- Break walnuts.
- Cut apples.
- Dice celery.
- Mix apples with mayonnaise.
- Add walnuts and celery to taste.
- Serve with two inch stalk of celery to emphasize the red, white and green colors of this easy Christmas lunch recipe.
- your favorite wheat and white bread
- cream cheese
- chopped chives
- This easy Christmas lunch sandwich is perfect for serving when a table seating is not available. Cut the bread with various size glasses. Place pairs of bread circles on a tray.
- Clean and slice cucumbers into 1/4 to 1/8 inch slices.
- Spread cream cheese on each side of a pair of bread circles.
- Place cucumber slices in the middle and add a scattering of chopped chives.
- Idaho potatoes
- spices, to taste
- Cut potatoes into thin slices.
- Layer taters in baking pan.
- Place a 1/4 teaspoon butter on the layer.
- Dust with flour.
- Continue layering until the pan fills.
- Pour milk over the top.
- Bake until bubbling hot.
- greens and lettuce
- sweet onion
- Wash all veggies.
- Dry well so water doesn't ruin salad.
- Tear greens and lettuce into inch pieces.
- Layer greens in individual serving bowls.
- Add dressing.
- Dress with radishes and onions for a holiday lunch flare.
Lawson, Nigella. "Nigella Christmas: Food Family Friends Festivities." Hyperion, 2009.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.