5 Easy Christmas Meal Recipes
Need 5 easy Christmas meal recipes? Listed below you will find some great tasting Christmas meal ideas that will delight the whole family. Christmas is full of good smells and good food. The recipes here are used in many kitchens during the holidays.
1. Glazed Ham Recipe
- 10 lb cooked bone-in smoked ham
- whole cloves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp grated orange zest
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Place, fat-side-up on a rack in a baking pan. Trim the fat and poke cloves into ham.
- Pour water into baking pan. Add enough water to cover bottom of pan. Place in the oven uncovered, for 20 minutes per pound.
- Make glaze. In saucepan, stir brown sugar, orange juice, honey, mustard and orange zest. Bring to boil stirring, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. About an hour before the ham is dine, brush with some glaze.
- Baste with glaze every 10 minutes until ham is done. Remove from the oven and cool 10 minutes.
2. Chicken and Potatoes
- 2 pounds chicken thighs and drumsticks, remove skin
- 1 pound potatoes, quartered
- 1 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Arrange chicken and potatoes in ungreased pan. Sprinkle chicken and potatoes with the basil, thyme, garlic salt, and olive oil.
- Cover pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken and potatoes and continue to bake, until chicken is cooked.
3. Scalloped Potatoes
- 6 potatoes
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking dish.
- Slice potatoes. Place in bowl of cold water, set aside.
- In a skillet, sauté sliced onions in 2 tbsp. butter over heat, set aside. In a saucepan, melt remaining 2 tbsp.of the butter and flour. Whisk in chicken broth, stirring constantly until thick.
- Simmer for a minute, remove from heat. Add salt and pepper. Drain and layer, 1/3 potatoes, 1/2 onions, salt and pepper; 1/3 potatoes, remaining onions, salt and pepper; and remaining potatoes.
- Pour sauce over potatoes and cover. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove cover, sprinkle with bread crumbs and continue baking until potatoes are tender.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 8 cups cornbread
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. chopped sage
- 1 tsp. chopped thyme
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Melt butter, add onions, celery and carrot and cook, 10 minutes.
- Add bread crumbs and mix, add parsley, sage, thyme, salt, pepper and mix.
- Add broth to moisten.
5. Apple Cider
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 1 can frozen raspberry concentrate
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- In saucepan, stir apple cider, raspberry concentrate and cinnamon stick.
- Bring to a boil then simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in raspberries and serve.