These 5 easy Christmas party hors d oeuvres can help make your holiday celebrations tasty and stress free. Do not worry about using complicated recipes. Easy recipes for Christmas hors d oeuvres with few ingredients are a perfect way to entertain your guest and save money.
Roasted Chestnuts are traditional Christmas hors d oeuvres
- 1 Cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 (1 pound) Jar of vacuum-packed whole chestnuts (not canned)
- 4 Cups vegetable oil
- Place chestnuts in a single layer on a baking pan. Place in an oven which has been preheated to 325 degrees F for six to eight minutes or until chestnuts feel dry and hot to the touch.
- Sift salt and confectioners’ sugar together.
- Remove the chestnuts from the baking pan and add them to the sugar/salt mixture. Toss gently.
- Heat 1 ½ inches of oil over medium heat. Oil should be about 350 degrees F. Fry the chestnuts in small batches for about one to two minutes or until they turn brown and crisp.
- Skim off any caramelized sugar from the surface of the oil between each batch.
- Allow the chestnuts to cool before serving. These are best served immediately, but you can make them up to an hour ahead of time.
Artichoke Dip is an easy Christmas party recipe.
- 1 Package cocktail rye bread
- 1 Can artichoke hearts (in water)
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 Cup grated parmesan cheese
- Drain the artichoke hearts.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the parmesan cheese.
- Cut the rye bread slices in half and cut the artichoke hearts into slices.
- Place the artichoke hearts onto the slices of rye bread.
- Spread about ¾ teaspoon of the mayonnaise/parmesan mixture on top of the hearts on the bread.
- Turn the oven to broil and place the sliced bread with hearts and mayonnaise mixture on a broiling pan. Broil until it turns a golden brown and serve wile still warm.
- This recipe will make about two and one half dozen mini open-faced sandwiches.
Sausage Balls are a delicious meaty hors d oeuvre.
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 lb hot bulk sausage
- 8 oz grated sharp cheese
- Mix all ingredients with your hands.
- Form into one inch balls.
- Bake twelve to fifteen minutes at 375 degrees.
- Makes approximately 100 balls. May be frozen until needed. Thaw and bake as directed.
Bacon Bites are a Christmas recipe everyone will love
- 1 package canned crescent rolls
- 4-6 slices bacon chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the cheese, bacon, onion, salt and pepper.
- Separate the crescent roll dough into two rectangles. Press seams together with fingers to seal.
- Spread with cream cheese mixture. Roll up starting at the longest edge. Press together to seal at the final wrap.
- Slice into one half inch slices and place on a greased cookie sheet cut side down. Bake for twelve to fifteen minutes or until golden brown. These are best served warm.
Date Balls are easy Christmas party hors d oeuvres to make
- 1 ½ stick margarine
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1(8 oz) box chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- Coconut or confectioners’ sugar
- Melt margarine and sugar together in a sauce pan over low heat.
- Add dates and cook for three minutes or until dates are hot.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add nuts and Rice Krispies.
- Roll by spoonful in coconut or confectioner’s sugar.