Learn how to make 5 easy Christmas salad recipes for the holidays. Christmas is a time of joy and yes a time of much cooking, fun and laughter. What home would not cherish a big Christmas dinner with potatoes, rolls and pies. No dinner would be complete without a beautiful salad also. 5 easy Christmas salad recipes have all the right colors and “fixins” for that holiday dinner.
Fruit Cocktail and Ice Cream Salad
- 1 large can fruit cocktail, drained
- 2 large bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl put the drained fruit cocktail and the banana slices. 1/2 hour before the meal is to be served add in the ice cream.
- Set the Christmas salad back in the refrigerator to melt. Right before serving, mix the ice cream and the fruit cocktail together.
Easy Christmas Salad Mould
- 1 package of your favorite gelatin
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 small package of strawberries or similar berry fruit, sliced
- 1 can whipped cream
- Follow the package directions for the gelatin. Pour the gelatin into a round decorator mould.
- After the gelatin has thickened slightly, add in the fruit and banana slices. Chill until completely firm.
- Remove the gelatin from the mould and put on a decorator plate. Top with swirls of whipped cream.
Waldorf Salad for Christmas Holidays
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 green apple, chopped and peeled
- 3/4 cup dark red grapes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Salt and Pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl put the apples, grapes, celery and raisins. Toss lightly.
- Make the dressing using: mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice and seasoning. Pour the dressing on the salad.
- Right before serving add in the walnuts and serve on beds of lettuce. This wonderful Christmas salad is great with any main meal such as turkey or ham.
Mixed Pepper Christmas Salad
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup baby tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 1 large cucumber, chopped thinly
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Place all the veggies in a big bowl. Make the dressing consisting of olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing all over the salad. Serve this salad in salad plates next to the dinner rolls.
Christmas Salad of Duck A La Orange
- 1 duck breast baked and cooled
- 2 whole seedless oranges, sectioned
- 1 bag of assorted greens
- 1 whole shallot, chopped
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Slice the duck breast and then chop the pieces into small chunks. In a large bowl put the salad greens, orange slices and chopped shallots.
- Make the dressing using the Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Season the Christmas salad with salt and pepper.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …