5 Easy Christmas Side Dish Recipes
If you are crunched for time, here are 5 easy Christmas side dish recipes that will be a guaranteed hit at your next party. All work wonderfully with chicken or turkey and are simple to make. After all, you want to spend time with your family, not waste it in the kitchen. Here is everything you will need to have a stress-free holiday season.
This recipe makes 24 deviled eggs.
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- Sweet or sour pickles
- Place all twelve eggs in your pot or six at a time if they will not fit. Cover all the eggs with water and turn the heat to high. After boiling the eggs for twelve minutes, turn off the heat and let them sit in the water for five minutes.
- Take off the heat. Run cold water over the eggs. While eggs are cooling, chop up three pickles.
- Peel and halve the eggs. Gently scoop out the yolks with a spoon, taking care not to tear the egg.
- Mash and mix yolks, pickles and mayonnaise.
- Put the mixture inside the eggs. Sprinkle each with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Top off with paprika and parsley for color.
This Christmas side dish is not only delicious, but it adds a splash of color to your table.
- 1 (12-oz.) bag frozen cranberries
- 2 tbsp. shredded orange zest
- ½ cup of brandy
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Discard any decayed cranberries.
- Mix all ingredients in a nine-inch baking dish. Bake uncovered until most of the juice has evaporated, stirring occasionally for one hour.
Green Bean Casserole
Although not as pretty as the Cranberry Brandy, this dish makes the top five easy Christmas side dish recipes because it is so scrumptious and effortless.
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 large cans or 2 packages cut green beans
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 large can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 ½ cup French’s fried onions (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine soup, pepper and milk in a casserole dish and stir well. Add ½ of the onions and the green beans and stir again. Cook it uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove. Add remaining onions on top.
- Bake another five minutes.
Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
- 8 oz. cup soft cream cheese
- 7 tbsp. butter
- 4 lbs. potatoes
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Peel, quarter and boil potatoes. Use a large saucepan with enough water to cover them until tender.
- Drain the liquid.
- Use a mixing bowl. Combine potatoes with all other ingredients and beat with an electric mixer.
- Top with extra cheese (optional). Cover and bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
Mixed Rice With Mushrooms
Adore this super easy Christmas side dish recipe.
- ½ cup white rice
- ½ cup brown rice
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ½ cup onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine both brown and white rice. Use a baking dish.
- Use a separate pot. Melt butter, broth, onion and pepper and boil until onion is tender.
- Pour mixture over rice. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Sauté mushrooms. Add to the rice dish.
- Bake for another fifteen minutes and voila! You are in business!