If you're looking for some new and interesting treats for your Christmas party or Christmas gifts, try these 5 easy Christmas sweets recipes. A bowl of homemade Christmas candy is a great centerpiece for your coffee table around the holidays, and giving homemade Christmas sweets as gifts is the perfect way to impress your friends. No one will realize how easy these Christmas sweets are to make!
1. Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
To make the easy Christmas sweets recipe chocolate peanut butter balls, you will need:
- two cups creamy peanut butter
- one cup (two sticks) butter, softened
- five cups powdered sugar
- 24 ounces chocolate chips
- four to five tablespoons of vegetable shortening
- Cream peanut butter, butter and sugar together with a wooden spoon.
- Roll the peanut butter mixture into walnut-sized balls.
- Melt the chocolate and shortening in the microwave, stirring frequently.
- Dip the peanut butter balls in the chocolate to coat, using toothpicks.
- Cool on trays in the fridge until hardened.
2. Hazelnut Brittle
To make the easy Christmas sweets recipe hazelnut brittle, you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup each dark and light corn syrup
- one cup water
- 2 1/2 cups toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- two tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- one teaspoon baking soda
- Dissolve sugar and corn syrup in water in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Boil syrup for twenty minutes, without stirring.
- Add hazelnuts, butter and salt and cook over medium for fifteen minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in baking soda.
- Pour candy onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet to cool. Break into pieces before serving.
3. Holiday Bark
To make the easy Christmas sweets recipe holiday bark, you will need:
- one pound white chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nut oil
- 1 1/4 cups toasted, shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Melt the white chocolate in a large bowl in the microwave. Stir in nut oil.
- Add pistachios and cranberries. Stir until well coated.
- Spread chocolate mixture on a foil-lined baking sheet. Cool at room temperature and break into pieces.
4. Chocolate Truffles
To make the easy Christmas sweets recipe chocolate truffles, you will need:
- 24 ounces chocolate chips
- one 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, almond or peppermint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Christmas sprinkles
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave.
- Stir in other ingredients until smooth.
- Roll into walnut-sized balls and coat in Christmas-colored sprinkles.
5. Candied Orange Peel
To make the easy Christmas sweets recipe candied orange peel, you will need:
- three to four navel oranges
- cold water
- one cup each sugar and water
- one teaspoon cinnamon
- additional sugar
- bittersweet chocolate (optional)
- Peel the oranges. Scrape the white pith from the peel and cut the peel into thin strips.
- Place orange peel in a pot of cold water. Bring to a boil, then strain and repeat twice with new water.
- Dissolve sugar in water over medium heat. Add cinnamon and orange peel. Simmer one hour or until orange peel is translucent.
- Roll orange peel in granulated sugar and let dry. Dip in bittersweet chocolate if desired.