Here are five easy chutney recipes that are sure to please. Chutney can be used as a side dish or a relish sauce. There are different kinds of chutneys. Some go great with everything and others go well with certain meats, cheeses or breads. The combinations are as limitless as there are easy chutney recipes.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 tbsp. raisins
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1/4 tsp. prepared mustard
- 2 cups sliced fresh blackberries
- Combine brown sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, raisins, honey, orange peel and mustard in a saucepan and cook for about fifteen minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the halved blackberries and cook for ten more minutes. Store this easy chutney recipe in the refrigerator.
- 15 tart apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 (1 inch) pieces fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Combine apples, onion, ginger root, white wine vinegar, brown sugar, cinnamon, white pepper and nutmeg in a saucepan.
- Bring to boil then turn down to a simmer and cover. Cook till apples are soft for about 30 minutes. If mixture is too dry, add a little bit of water.
- Remove the pieces of ginger from this easy chutney recipe.
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh ginger root
- 1 minced jalepeno peppers
- 1 tbsp. peanuts
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- Use blender or food processor to blend all ingredients together. Serves four guests. Store in refrigerator.
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (12 oz. package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground all-spice
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the cranberries, apples, vinegar, raisins, cinnamon, ginger and all-spice. Bring to boil again and simmer for about ten minutes.
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 fresh green chile peppers
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- Blend together in food processor the onion, chile peppers, mint leaves, lime juice and salt. Store in refrigerator. Enjoy this easy chutney recipe.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Shoes Tell Her About You
How footwear can kick-start your dating game—or kick dirt on your grave.