5 Easy Cinco De Mayo Fiesta Recipes
Here are 5 easy Cinco de Mayo Fiesta recipes. Cinco de Mayo Fiesta has become more and more popular due to the delicious Mexican cooking that family and friends share during this festivity. Although Cinco de Mayo is important, it is not the main patriotic celebration in Mexico. Try them. They are delicious!
- 2 whole jalapeños peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 (16 oz) container sour cream
- 2 oz ranch salad dressing
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped finely fresh cilantro
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh tomato
- Soy sauce (if desired)
- Place jalapeños, sour cream, ranch salad dressing and garlic into a blender or food processor. Blend for one minute.
- Taste and add a few drops of soy sauce, if desired.
- Transfer mixture into a bowl.
- Add chopped cilantro and tomato. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for two hours.
Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Casserole
- 1 can (13 oz) corn kernels
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 (13 oz) can tomato puree
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- Red hot pepper flakes
- 1 (13 oz) can of refried beans
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Salt to taste
- Heat the tortillas and cut them into 2 inch pieces.
- Put a layer (about 10%) of refried beans in a large baking pan.
- Continue adding separate layers of corn kernels, tomato puree, tortillas, onion, cheese, and sour cream until the top of the pan is reached. Add red hot pepper flakes to taste between layers.
- Top your casserole with sour cream and cheese.
- Bake about 300 grades F for 30-40 minutes.
- 2 (13 oz) can refried beans
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 oz ranch salad dressing
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup of your favorite salsa
- ½ cup olives
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mixing well.
- Pour onto a serving plate, garnished with olives, surrounded by chips and vegetables.
Quesadillas With Pineapple
- Flour tortillas (depending of the number of guests)
- Shredded, good quality cheese (one tbs cheese per tortilla)
- Pineapple (fresh or canned), strained and sliced
- Green bell pepper, finely chopped
- Place a tortilla in a large pan (no oil at all).
- Place the cheese, pineapple and bell pepper on half of the tortilla.
- Fold over the other half of the tortilla.
- Cook the quesadilla over medium heat, until part of the cheese is melted.
- Flip the quesadilla to cook the other side.
- Serve a whole quesadilla per guest, or let them cool and cut them into small pieces, as snacks.
- Roast the bell pepper and pineapple before filling the quesadilla.
- Substitute pineapple for canned peach, or use both.
- Filling ingredients must be completely drained, or the quesadilla will get wet.
King Fruity Guacamole
- 3 ripe avocados
- ½ cup onion finely diced
- ½ cup tomato finely diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Fresh limejuice
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup of grilled bits of pineapple.
- Mash the avocados with a fork in a bowl.
- Mix with the onion, tomato, cilantro and salt.
- Squeeze half small lime and mix. Taste if it needs more.
- Add the grilled bits of pineapple.
- Garnish with more grilled pineapple.
- Cinco de Mayo commemorates the Mexican Victory over French Army in the state of Puebla, in 1862.
- The most important patriotic celebration in Mexico is on September 16, celebrating The Mexican Independence from Spain in 1810.