5 Easy Cinco De Mayo Recipes
Party down with these 5 easy Cinco de Mayo recipes. Whether you're hosting the party or bringing food for the buffet table, everyone will want your recipes after tasting the easy Cinco de Mayo treats you will so generously share.
- Mexican pizza. Slather a thin layer of your favorite salsa on a soft tortilla. Add refried beans and taco flavored chicken or beef. Sprinkle on some shredded cheese and bake in a 340 degree oven for approximately eight to ten minutes, until the cheese melts. Be sure to make enough because they'll go quickly.
- Enchiladas. Pour half a can of enchilada sauce into a baking dish. Roll Mexican seasoned, cooked ground beef in flour tortillas and place in the baking dish. Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the enchiladas. Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle as much shredded cheddar cheese as you want over the enchiladas. Return them to the oven uncovered and bake until the cheese melts. This is one of the most impressive but easiest of the Cinco de Mayo recipes you'll make.
- Tostadas. Fry small flour tortillas in canola oil until they are crisp. Or to make this Cinco de Mayo recipe even easier, buy them already fried. Top the fried tortillas with a variety of delicious items, such as refried beans, sour cream, crumbled or shredded, Mexican-flavored meat, guacamole or cheese. Mix and match to delight everyone's taste buds.
- Slow cooker chili. Brown two pounds of ground beef or use two cups of shredded chicken. Put it in your slow cooker with two large cans of diced tomatoes, two large cans of tomato sauce, one cup of sautéed diced onion, one cup of sautéed diced bell pepper, two chopped jalapeno peppers, two tablespoons of chili powder and kidney or pinto beans (optional). Cook on low for at least six hours.
- Mexican salad. A hearty salad that fits right in with your five easy Cinco de Mayo recipes is this layered Mexican salad. If you have a large, clear bowl, use it so everyone can see the colorful layers before they dig in. Wash and dry a bag of store-bought salad greens and dump them into the bottom of the bowl. Add a layer of canned black beans. Top the beans with tomatoes, then sour cream. Sprinkle with chives and crumbled tortilla chips.
If you bring one of these dishes, you'll be fine. But if you bring all of them, you'll be the life of the party and sure to be first on the next invitation list for the next party. Keep these five easy Cinco de Mayo recipes to yourself or share with your friends.