5 Easy Cooking For One Recipes
Here are five easy cooking for one recipes for the bachelor who wishes to prepare food at home. Eating out constantly becomes expensive fast. Eating at home is much more economical. Be sure that your kitchen is properly stocked and equipped.
To make five easy cooking recipes for one, you will need (ingredients):
- Butter, salted
- Cheddar cheese
- Monterey Jack cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Skinless boneless chicken breasts
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Box of pasta shells and white cheddar
To make five easy cooking recipes for one, you will need (equipment):
- Frying pan
- Cheese grater
- Wooden spoon
- Glass pan
- Mixing bowl
- Baked Chicken. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Rinse defrosted chicken breasts and place in glass pan. Bake for 45 minutes. Sprinkle chicken with grated parmesan cheese prior to baking. Prepare a single chicken breast or as many as you need for use in other easy cooking recipes for one. Do not overcook or eat if chicken is pink! For variety, substitute the grated Romano or grated Asiago for the Parmesan cheese.
- Chicken Quesadilla. Chop up a baked chicken breast. Melt a teaspoon of butter in a frying pan on medium heat. (For a healthier alternative, use non-stick cooking spray). Place a tortilla in the pan and add chopped chicken and grated cheese. You can use either cheddar or jack or both. Top with a second tortilla and cook on medium until melted. The bottom tortilla should be golden brown and crispy. Flip with a spatula and brown other tortilla side. Cut to serve. For variety, add green chilies to the filling.
- Bacon and scrambled eggs. Brown bacon in a frying pan over medium heat, turning the bacon until it reaches the desired level of crispiness. Set bacon aside. Drain bacon fat but do not wash the pan. Extra bacon may be used as an ingredient in other easy cooking recipes for one. Break open three eggs into a mixing bowl, discard shells, and add two tablespoons of milk. Whisk the mixture with a fork, and then pour into the frying pan. Cook over medium heat until eggs turn yellow, using the spatula to cut the eggs into bite-sized pieces. For variety, add grated cheddar or grated jack cheese.
- Quiche. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease glass pan (8x8 inch). In mixing bowl, combine two cups milk, four eggs, ¾ cup Bisquick, ¼ cup softened butter, and one cup grated Parmesan cheese. Stir until mixed. Batter will be lumpy. Stir in one cup crumbled bacon and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Pour into glass pan and bake for 50 minutes. Eggs will be set and top will be golden brown when it is done. For variety, add grilled onions, ham or spinach.
- Chicken, Shells and Cheese. Boil six cups of water in a pot on high heat. Stir in pasta and return to a boil. Usually, pasta will cook for eight to ten minutes until it is done. Drain and return to post. Add ¼ cup milk, three tablespoons butter, ½ cup grated parmesan and the cheese packet. Mix thoroughly. Stir in one cup chopped baked chicken breast. For variety, add spinach, steamed broccoli or any vegetable.