5 Easy Easter Appetizers
Your Easter brunch will be a hit with these 5 easy Easter appetizers. Easter is a time of year when families gather together and celebrate the coming of spring. These Easter appetizers are bright and colorful, and are light enough to satiate hunger without over stuffing the guests.
Asparagus with Parmesan crust. For this Easter appetizer recipe you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ounce shaved Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 450 degree Fahrenheit
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Arrange the asparagus in a single layer and spread Parmesan cheese,
- Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bake the asparagus for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately on a warm plate with a dash of balsamic vinegar.
Proscuitto wrapped asparagus. This recipe is an excellent Easter appetizer that requires:
- 1/2 pound sliced prosciutto
- 8 ounces of Neufchatel cheese
- 12 asparagus spears
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Spread the proscuitto slices with Neufchatel cheese.
- Wrap slices around two or three asparagus spears
- Bake the asparagus spears in the oven for 15 minutes or until tender
Spinach and artichoke dip. This classic dip appetizer is fun for any occasion including Easter. To start we will need the following:
- 1 can of artichoke hearts
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together artichoke hearts, spinach, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Transfer mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Savory deviled eggs. This recipe is a great finger food appetizer for any Easter potluck or brunch. The following ingredients are required:
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Fresh dill sprigs
- Slice the hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks and set aside whites.
- In a small bowl mash the yolks and add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, dill, garlic powder, and salt
- Spread the mixture into the egg whites.
- Serve on a platter with dill sprigs.
Absolutely the best nacho dip ever. This layered nacho dip will be the talk of the Easter appetizers. This recipe requires the following:
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cocktail sauce
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 3/4 cup diced green onion
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 sliced cucumber
- Blend together the mix cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the bottom of the serving dish.
- Create individual layers with the cocktail sauce, mild salsa, diced green onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, shredded cheddar cheese and shredded lettuce.
- Place cucumber slices on the top of the serving dish.
- Serve with tortilla chips