These 5 easy Easter breakfast recipes will make Easter morning special. These easy Easter breakfast recipes include breads, yogurt and egg dishes. Try the lighter recipes for an Easter breakfast if you have your Easter meal in the middle of the day.
Fresh Herb Frittata
If you want to make this fresh herb frittata for Easter breakfast, you will need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (parsley, basil, or dill)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large eggs
- Put the oven rack in the upper third of the oven. Preheat to 350 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet that can go into the oven. Add the onion and cook until softened, three to four minutes. Add the herbs to the mixture.
- In a bowl lightly beat the eggs. Add the cheese, salt and pepper and whisk together.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet and stir. As the eggs begin to set pull the edges back to let the uncooked egg flow to the edge.
- Cook for another minute, or until the egg is no longer runny. Put the skillet into the oven.
- Bake for three to four minutes or until the eggs are set. Loosen the edges with a spatula and slide onto a plate for serving at the table or for an Easter breakfast buffet.
If you want to make cherry scones for Easter breakfast, you will need:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 1/3 cups cream
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, dried cherries, salt and sugar. Then stir in the cream.
- Mix just until all dry ingredients are incorporated. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead just enough for the dough to hold together. Make an eight inch circle with your hands.
- Brush the dough with the butter. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut into eight pie shaped wedges and place on the baking sheet. Bake for seventeen minutes.
If you want to make a light Easter breakfast with a yogurt parfait, you will need:
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup low fat granola
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Peel and slice the banana. Mix the honey into the yogurt.
- Put two spoonfuls of yogurt in a wine glass or small glass bowl. Add layers of granola and fruit. Serve chilled for an easy Easter breakfast.
If you want to have French toast at your Easter breakfast, you will need:
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices French bread, day old
- Heat a nonstick skillet to medium heat. Melt one tablespoon butter in the skillet.
- Beat the egg and whisk in all ingredients except the bread. Soak the bread in the mixture for 30 seconds on each side.
- Drain the excess mixture from the bread. Cook the bread in the skillet on both sides until golden brown, about two minutes.
- Repeat these steps with the remaining bread. Add one tablespoon butter each time.
If you want to make an easy Easter breakfast recipe, Taquitos, you will need:
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 pound breakfast sausage or chorizo, crumbled
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Heat a skillet to medium heat. Add the sausage and onion to the pan and cook thoroughly.
- Beat the eggs lightly. Add them to the skillet and stir until cooked.
- Warm the tortillas in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. They cook in about fifteen seconds on each side.
- Spoon one-sixth of the egg mixture into each tortilla. Top with cheese and a spoonful of salsa.