5 Easy Easter Ham Recipes
Sharing 5 easy Easter ham recipes allows time to reflect on the true meaning of Easter when you do not have to spend all your time fussing with your ham and other special recipes for the holiday. Easter celebrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the belief that it is never too late to be forgiven for events that are behind you and to be granted as many chances as you need to do things right in your life. Ham is a traditional Easter main dish, and it can be varied in many ways by the glazes that make each recipe unusual. Heating and using toppings on a fully-cooked ham will also make your Easter preparations easier.
Peanut and Pineapple Ham and Yams
- 2 Tbsp. margarine or butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 17 ounce can yams (drained and diced and with juice reserved)
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts (crushed; divided)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Put butter in 2-quart casserole and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add onion and ham.
- Combine cinnamon, sugar, pineapple juice, cornstarch, and juice from yams.
- Stir well into onion and ham mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave at high for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Mix diced yams with 2/3 cup peanuts.
- Stir into ham mixture.
- Spread brown sugar on top of ham and sprinkle with rest of peanuts.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 6 to 7 minutes or until mixture is thickened and firm.
- Let stand 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
Ham With Apple and Sage
- Dried sage
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- Apple jelly
- Rub sage over the ham.
- Place in roasting pan.
- Add apple cider or juice
- Bake according to directions.
- Baste occasionally with juice.
- 20 minutes before the end of the baking time, spread a thick coating of apple jelly over the ham.
Pineapple Ham Loaf
- 1 1/2 # ground cooked ham
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- Maraschino cherries
- Pineapple chunks
- Ham loaf: Combine loaf ingredients and mix well.
- Form loaf.
- Place in 13x9x2" pan.
- Score top in diamond pattern with knife or spoon.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Glaze: In small saucepan put glaze ingredients.
- Bring to boil.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove ham loaf from oven.
- Garnish with cherries and pineapple.
- Pour glaze over ham.
- Bake 30 minutes longer, basting frequently.
Baked Ham With Apricot Preserves
- Fully cooked 5# ham
- 3 Tbsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Score the ham surface with shallow diamond cuts.
- Combine mustard and preserves.
- Spread over ham.
- Pat brown sugar over apricot mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes per pound until ham is heated all the way through.
Tangerine Glaze for Ham
- 2 tangerines
- 2 cups tangerine juice
- chunks of butter
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Slice tangerines thin and remove seeds.
- Place all ingredients in saucepan.
- Slowly cook for about 30 to 40 minutes until glaze is syrupy.
- After ham has baked for a couple hours, pour the glaze (including the fruit pieces) all over the ham.
- Continue cooking ham for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Baste with glaze every 30 minutes.