5 Easy Easter Recipes For Kids
Easter can be a great time to get the kids in the kitchen, so here are 5 easy Easter recipes for kids that will get them involved in the holiday while having fun. These can be used for a holiday party at school or just be enjoyed with the family. You can even have the kids do most of the work while you just oversee things.
1. Jelly Bean Nest Cookies
- 4 cups chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- Jelly Beans (enough for 5 in each basket)
- Break noodles into small pieces and put in large bowl.
- In a saucepan add corn syrup and sugar. Stir on medium-low heat until sugar dissolves. Add peanut butter and stir until melted.
- Pour mixture over noodles and stir.
- On waxed paper drop spoonfuls of mixture. Flatten middle with back of a spoon and form sides to make a nest.
- Add 5 Jelly Beans to each basket to make it look like eggs.
2. Coconut Cream Eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp shortening
- Mix together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and coconut.
- Form into egg shapes and place on cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Freeze for 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate and shortening together.
- Dip each egg in chocolate to coat and place back on wax paper. Chill until chocolate has hardened.
3. Pastry Puff Eggs
- Piecrust dough
- Canned pie filling
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- Food coloring
- New paintbrushes
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Roll out piecrust on a floured surface. Use oval cookie cutter to cut out egg shapes.
- Place half the eggs on an ungreased cookie sheet and top with spoonful of pie filling. Moisten edge of eggs with water and top with another egg shape. Press edges together.
- With paintbrushes top each egg with beaten egg and let dry. Mix food coloring with egg yolks and paint the tops of the eggs. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
4. Easter Pizza
- 1 Tube pizza dough
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- various toppings
- Roll out the pizza dough and shape into an egg shape.
- Spread the sauce on the dough.
- Use toppings and cheese to decorate the pizza to look like an Easter egg. Use sliced peppers for stripes and pepperoni for polka dots.
- Place in oven and cook for 12-15 minutes.
5. Easter Basket Cookies
- Sugar Cookie Dough
- White icing
- Green Food coloring
- Pastel M & M's
- Roll out cookie dough to 1/4 inch. Use round cookie cutter to cut cookies out.
- Spray inside of muffin pan with cooking spray. Place dough pieces into each compartment. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and remove from muffin pan.
- Decorate by filling bottom with green icing and placing M&M's on top to look like eggs.