5 Easy Easter Recipes
When short on time for the holidays, use these 5 easy Easter recipes to feed your family and friends. Easter is a time for reflection about faith and family. Don’t waste precious moments in the kitchen slaving over a meal when something simple is right at your fingertips.
- Hawaiian Salad Hawaiian salad is an easy Easter recipe because it combines fruit with ham, the traditional meat served on Easter. Enjoy this dish as a main course and side all in one.
To make Hawaiian salad, you’ll need:
- 3 cup of cooked rice, cooled
- 1 ½ cups of mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp. of black pepper
- 2 tbs. of lemon juice
- 1 tbs. of minced onion
- 2 tsp. of mustard seeds
- 2 cups of diced, cooked ham
- 1 can of canned pineapple
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Chill overnight and serve cold.
3. Pork Chops This savory meat is easy to enjoy and hard to mess up. Serve this dish with your favorite salad, or vegetable casserole.
To make pork chops, you will need:
- 4-6 pork chops
- 1 bottle of Italian salad dressing
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 tbs. rosemary
- In a large baking dish, marinate pork chops in Italian salad dressing in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle rosemary and pepper over chops.
- Bake for one hour, or until meat is tender when cut.
3. Fruit Salad Serving a fruit salad is a great way to celebrate spring. Serve this easy Easter recipe as desert.
To make a fruit salad, you will need:
- 1 pint of strawberries
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 can of pineapple
- 3 chopped bananas
- 1 box of vanilla instant pudding
- Combine strawberries and bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the can of pineapple in its juice. Pour in lemon juice.
- Stir in box of vanilla pudding.
- Chill overnight and enjoy.
4. Sherbet float Punch Looking for a punch that’s tangy and sweet? This easy Eater recipe is sure to disappear in a flash.
To make sherbet float punch, you will need:
- 1 large punch bowl
- 1 pint of sherbet- orange or lime
- 2- 2 liter bottles of ginger ale
- ladle for stirring
- Pour one bottle of ginger ale into punch bowl.
- Scoop sherbet into bowl and stir.
- Add second bottle of ginger ale until bowl is filled. Stir.
5. Green Bean Casserole Green bean casserole is popular when looking for an easy Easter recipe. Serve this traditional casserole with pork chops or ham.
To make green bean casserole, you will need:
- 3 cans of French style green beans, drained
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¾ cup of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of minced garlic
- 2 cans of artichoke hearts, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse and chop artichoke hearts and green beans.
- Mix egg, olive oil, garlic artichoke hearts and green beans in a large casserole dish. Sprinkle bread crumb and cheese over the top.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, or until bread crumbs are golden brown.