5 Easy Eating Healthy Recipes
If you're looking to drop a few pounds and don't want to spend a lot of time or energy in the kitchen, you'll want to explore some easy eating healthy recipes. Mixing your diet up with a few new recipes will make you more likely to keep to your new diet regime so come along and explore some easy eating healthy recipes.
To make 5 easy eating healthy recipes, you'll need to have some core ingredients on hand. So, stock up on lean lunch meats such as turkey, chicken or ham, low fat cheddar cheese, good quality romaine and ripe tomatoes.
To make an easy healthy grilled romaine salad, you will need:
- One head of romaine
- One ripe tomato
- One tablespoon croutons
- One teaspoon blue cheese
- Sea salt and pepper
- Prepare your grill to medium heat. If working on a charcoal grill, place grills in the middle so that there is a hot spot.
- Cut off just the bottom of the romaine lettuce. Make sure not to cut off too much as you want the romaine head to stay together. Rinse well to remove any sand.
- Slice the romaine right down the center, vertically. You should end up with two matching halves of romaine.
- Sprinkle olive oil on all sides of the romaine and place on grill. Grill only until one side is charred and then flip for the other side.
- Cut up romaine and top with tomatoes, croutons and blue cheese.
To make a turkey and cheese roll up, you will need:
- 4 ounces of thinly sliced turkey breast
- 1 wheat tortilla
- Ripe tomato
- Romaine lettuce
- One teaspoon mustard mixed with two teaspoons mayonnaise
- One ounce provolone cheese
- Lay tortilla out flat and spread with mustard/mayonnaise spread.
- Place romaine leaves flat across the tortilla and top with a two slices of tomato.
- Add turkey breast to 1/2 of the tortilla. Top with provolone cheese and roll up.
To make a baked potato you will need:
- 1 five ounce Idaho potato
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1 slice crispy bacon
- Poke holes in the sides of the potato and place in microwave. Microwave on high for five minutes or possibly longer, depending on the strength of your microwave.
- Cut cooked potato in half. Add butter and sour cream and mash well.
- Top with chives and crumbled bacon.
To make a cheesy hot dog, you will need:
- 1 low fat hot dog
- 1 hot dog bun
- 1 slice low fat american cheese
- Mustard or ketchup or pickle relish to taste
- Boil or grill hot dog until warm in the center.
- Place on bun and top with the cheese. Place in microwave and nuke on high for fifteen seconds or until cheese melts.
- Top with condiment of your choice.
To make a cheesy savory popcorn snack, you will need:
- 1 bag 94% fat free popcorn
- 1 bottle of spray margarine
- 2 ounces of diced pepperoni
- 1 ounce of diced sharp cheddar cheese
- Pop popcorn according to manufacturer directions.
- Layer 1/2 of the popcorn in a bowl. Spray liberally with the margarine and top with pepperoni and cheese.
- Layer rest of popcorn on top and add more margarine spray. Top with the additional pepperoni and cheese.
Talk about easy eating! This popcorn will disappear quick so have plenty on hand.