Cool days and chillier nights call for the bartender to know some easy fall alcoholic drink recipes. Fall recipes should be robust to match the strong scents of falling leaves. So, add another piece of firewood to the fire and sidle up to your honey with one of these five easy fall alcoholic drinks. The below recipes make just one serving so multiply the recipe for the amount of servings you prefer.
To make one mug of hot buttered rum, you will need:
- 6 oz. of water
- 1.5 oz. dark rum
- 1 tbsp. of sweet cream salted butter
- 1/8 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- A dash of nutmeg
- Add water to a mug and microwave until boiling. Add one tablespoon of butter to the mug and stir to dissolve.
- Add dark rum and vanilla ice cream to the mug and stir briefly, just to mix.
- Top with cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg. If desired, garnish with a cinnamon stick.
To make an easy, fall alcoholic drink recipe of Irish coffee, you will need:
- 6 oz. of steaming hot, fresh coffee
- 1.5 oz. of Jamison's Irish Whiskey
- 1 oz. of Kahlua
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- Creme de Menthe for garnish
- Add brown sugar to the bottom of a coffee mug. Pour the hottest, freshest coffee you have into the mug and mix well to dissolve the sugar.
- Add Jamison's Irish Whiskey and stir briefly.
- Add Kahlua. Top with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and a splash of Creme de Menthe for color.
To make a savory Manhattan, you will need:
- 3 oz. of good quality bourbon, such as Maker's Mark or Wild Turkey
- 1/2 oz. of sweet vermouth
- A cherry for garnish
- Martini shaker
- A chilled martini glass
- Fill martini shaker half full with ice. Add in bourbon and vermouth.
- Shake vigorously until the outside of the martini shaker is cold. The goal is to have ice shard form on the top of the drink when you strain it.
- Strain into chilled martini glass and add a cherry garnish to your delicious bold bourbon cocktail.
To make a pumpkin spice martini, you will need:
- 3 oz. of good quality vodka
- 1/2 oz. dry vermouth
- Pumpkin spice and sugar
- Lemon juice
- Martini shaker
- Chilled martini glass
- Cinnamon stick
- Fill martini shaker with ice. Add in vodka and vermouth and shake vigorously.
- Dip rim of martini glass in lemon juice and then dip in the pumpkin spice and sugar mixture.
- Strain pumpkin spice martini into the glass and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
To make a savory Buttershot martini on the rocks, you will need:
- 1.5 oz. of Buttershot schnapps
- 1.5 oz. of vodka
- A highball glass filled with ice
- One piece of butterscotch candy
- Mix the Buttershot schnapps and vodka in a martini shaker. Strain into glass.
- Garnish with the butterscotch candy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.