5 Easy Fall Salad Recipes
These 5 Easy fall salad recipes feature autumn flavors. Fall salad recipes can be eaten as full meals. Most of these fall salad recipes can be put together in just a few minutes.
Roasted Pear Salad
If you want to make roasted pear salad, you will need:
- 4 pears
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 2 bunches arugula,
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese shavings
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Put a baking sheet into the oven to preheat.
- Peel each pear and cut it in half lengthwise. Remove the core. Slice lengthwise.
- Toss the pear slices with the butter and sugar. Put the pear slices in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for ten minutes. . and cook another five minutes. Let cool.
- Put the arugula on a platter. Scatter the roasted pears, cheese and walnuts on top.
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Drizzle over the salad.
If you want to make chopped salad, you will need:
- I head romaine lettuce
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 4 eggs, hard boiled and diced
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper
- Arrange the lettuce on a plate. Spoon all the salad topping, except the cheese, onto the plate each in a pile next to each other. Sprinkle the blue cheese over the salad.
- Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic and mustard. Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Season with salt and pepper.
If you want to make beet salad, you will need:
- 1 1/2 pounds small beets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 small red onions, cut into wedges
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put the beets in foil and drizzle olive oil over the top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the onions in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper. Put aside for the moment.
- Close up the foil and bake for one hour or until the beets are tender. In the last 30 minutes of baking time add the pan of onions.
- Peel the beets and quarter them. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Spread sour cream over the top. Sprinkle with dill.
Fall Salad of Mushrooms and Apples
If you want to make apple and mushroom salad, you will need:
- 12 ounces button mushrooms, cleaned and diced
- 1 pound apples, cut into matchsticks
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- green onions, sliced
- tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- large lettuce leaves
- Blend the cucumbers, onions, dill and garlic in a blender. Add the yogurt, lemon, oil, sugar, and one-half teaspoon salt. Blend until smooth.
- Mix the mushrooms, apples and dressing in a bowl. Season with one-half teaspoon salt. Pour the cucumber dressing over them and mix together.
- Line six plates with the lettuce leaves. Spoon the salad onto each leaf.
If you want to make pasta salad, you will need:
- 1 pound bowtie pasta, cooked and drained
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Put the pasta in a large bowl. Add the chicken, tomatoes and onion.
- Whisk together the red wine vinegar and olive oil. Add this dressing to the pasta mixture and toss.
- Crumble the feta cheese over the pasta salad. Season with salt and pepper.