5 Easy Favorite Christmas Recipes
Christmas is a time to serve comfort food and whip up these 5 easy favorite Christmas recipes. The holidays are also a time that you want to spend time with guests and family. These recipes are quick and easy Christmas favorites.
1. Roast turkey
- fresh turkey
- spices; kosher salt, ground pepper, sage, thyme
- diced white onion
- crushed garlic
- Unwrap turkey and prepare spice rub.
- Mix spices, onion and garlic.
- Rub spices and butter over bird.
- Place bird in baking pan and add a bit of water to the bottom of the pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees until the inside of the turkey registers 165 degrees on meat thermometer.
2. Smashed potatoes
- Peel potatoes and dice into 1/8 inch pieces.
- Put into a pot of boiling water.
- Bring to a boil and add dash of salt. Boil until fork breaks the potatoes.
- Drain potatoes and keep a bit of the water to add back in preparation.
- Add butter, salt and pepper to taste,
- Smash the potatoes with a masher.
3. Sugar cookies
- 2 3.4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix flour, soda and powder together.
- Set oven for 375 degrees.
- Mix egg, sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Mix wet with dry ingredients.
- Spoon mixture onto greased cookie sheet.
- Cook for ten minutes.
4. Sweet potatoes
- sweet potatoes
- brown sugar
- fresh marshmallows
- Peel potatoes and cut into inch-sized cubes.
- Boil potatoes in pot of water and drain.
- Put the potatoes into baking dish.
- Mix up sugar with water and pour over potatoes.
- Add some marshmallows to the top to melt while the potatoes soak up the sweet sugars.
5. Green beans almondine
- fresh green beans
- toasted almonds
- Remove bean strings.
- Bring a skillet with water to a boil and steam beans for less than five minutes.
- Remove water and melt butter.
- Add beans and simmer for approximately five minutes.
- Crush cup of toasted almonds.
- Add salt to taste.