5 Easy Feta Cheese Recipes
Feta cheese is a delicious way to add a lot of flavor to a dish, especially with these 5 Easy Feta Cheese Recipes. While feta cheese is normally associated with Greek food, feta cheese (available in blocks or in crumbles) is versatile and can be added to a large variety of meals. While any cheese product may not be known for helping you shed the pounds, it's a great way to add protein and calcium to a healthy diet. Try some of these favorite, easy-to-make feta cheese recipes.
Chicken Tabouleh Salad.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of bulgur wheat
- 2 bunches of fresh parsley (stems removed)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 a pint of cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese crumbles
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and grill until done (a few minutes on each side).
- Boil the cup of water in a small saucepan and add the bulgur. Remove from the heat source, cover with a lid and allow the water to be absorbed (about 10 minutes).
- Mix chicken, parsley, mint, bulgur wheat, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese crumbles, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Greek Deviled Eggs.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup chopped olives
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Peel and slice eggs in half. Remove the yolks and set the egg whites aside.
- Mix the egg yolks with feta cheese, chopped olives and mayonnaise.
- Scoop mixture back into the egg whites for a delicious twist on an old favorite.
Makes 12 egg halves .
Butternut Squash and Feta Cheese Penne.
- 3/4 pound butternut squash
- 1/4 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 4 ounces of penne
- 1/8 cup of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel butternut squash and cut into one-inch cubes.
- Toss squash with olive oil, rosemary and garlic.
- Bake for 1/2 hour.
- Boil penne and drain.
Saute onion in pan over medium-high heat until slightly translucent, then add chicken broth. Bring to boil, then remove from heat.
- Toss broth, penne, squash and crumbled feta cheese together.
Walnut and Feta Cheese Salad.
- 12 ounces lettuce
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Toss lettuce with cherry tomatoes, feta cheese crumbles and chopped walnuts.
Add in salt and pepper to taste
- Toss with olive oil.
Mississippi Oyster Spaghetti.
- 1 pound pasta, cooked al dente
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons Cajun-style blackened seasoning
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 cups raw oysters
- 2/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a pan and add garlic, basil, and seasonings.
- Mix in tomatoes and oysters.
- Cook until the oysters start to curl, then toss with pasta and top with 2/3 cup of feta cheese crumbles.