Feta cheese is a delicious way to add a lot of flavor to a dish, especially with these 5 Easy Feta Cheese Recipes. While feta cheese is normally associated with Greek food, feta cheese (available in blocks or in crumbles) is versatile and can be added to a large variety of meals. While any cheese product may not be known for helping you shed the pounds, it's a great way to add protein and calcium to a healthy diet. Try some of these favorite, easy-to-make feta cheese recipes.
Chicken Tabouleh Salad.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of bulgur wheat
- 2 bunches of fresh parsley (stems removed)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 a pint of cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese crumbles
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and grill until done (a few minutes on each side).
- Boil the cup of water in a small saucepan and add the bulgur. Remove from the heat source, cover with a lid and allow the water to be absorbed (about 10 minutes).
- Mix chicken, parsley, mint, bulgur wheat, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese crumbles, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Greek Deviled Eggs.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup chopped olives
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Peel and slice eggs in half. Remove the yolks and set the egg whites aside.
- Mix the egg yolks with feta cheese, chopped olives and mayonnaise.
- Scoop mixture back into the egg whites for a delicious twist on an old favorite.
Makes 12 egg halves .
Butternut Squash and Feta Cheese Penne.
- 3/4 pound butternut squash
- 1/4 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 4 ounces of penne
- 1/8 cup of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel butternut squash and cut into one-inch cubes.
- Toss squash with olive oil, rosemary and garlic.
- Bake for 1/2 hour.
- Boil penne and drain.
Saute onion in pan over medium-high heat until slightly translucent, then add chicken broth. Bring to boil, then remove from heat.
- Toss broth, penne, squash and crumbled feta cheese together.
Walnut and Feta Cheese Salad.
- 12 ounces lettuce
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Toss lettuce with cherry tomatoes, feta cheese crumbles and chopped walnuts.
Add in salt and pepper to taste
- Toss with olive oil.
Mississippi Oyster Spaghetti.
- 1 pound pasta, cooked al dente
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons Cajun-style blackened seasoning
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 cups raw oysters
- 2/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a pan and add garlic, basil, and seasonings.
- Mix in tomatoes and oysters.
- Cook until the oysters start to curl, then toss with pasta and top with 2/3 cup of feta cheese crumbles.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.