Filipino cooking is loaded with flavor and variety depending on the region, so here's 5 Filipino Christmas recipes that will add color and flavor to your Christmas table. Filipinos have a sweet tooth which can be seen in many of their foods.
Filipino Coconut Soup
- 17 oz. coconut milk
- 17 oz. chicken stock
- 5 tsp galangal, peeled and chopped
- 4 lemongrass stocks, thinly sliced
- 2 kafir lime leaves
- 1 chicken breast, cubed
- 2 green chillies, sliced
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- few sprigs of coriander
- 1 lime, halved
- Put coconut milk, stock, galangal, lemongrass, and lime leaves into a saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, chillies, fish sauce, and sugar. Bring to a boil. Cook for 7-10 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and add a squeeze of lime and garnish with coriander.
Humba (Filipino Braised Pork Belly)
- 1 lb liempo, cut into serving size pieces
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup MAGGI Savor
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp raw skinless peanuts
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp tajure
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 package of MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
- Marinate liempo in vinegar and MAGGI Savor for 15 minutes.
- In a pan, put the pork, water, black beans, peanuts, and garlic. Bring to a boil, then add bay leaves, tajure, pepper, sugar, ad MAGGI SARAP.
- Cook uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice.
- 6 medium steamed crabs
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- dash white pepper
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 tbsps cooking oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp salt
- Remove crabmeat from shells.
- Saute garlic, onion, tomato, and crabmeat.
- Spoon into crab shells.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Add yolks, salt, and pepper. Beat for 3 minutes.
- Place 1 tbsp of egg over stuffed crabs.
- Fry in hot oil in pan for 5 minutes on each side.
Filipino Style Spaghetti
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 lb ground pork and ground beef
- 5 hot dogs thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, minced
- 1 green pepper, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 bulb garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce
- salt and pepper
- banana ketchup to taste
- Cook spaghetti according to directions
- In pan cook pork and beef. Remove from pan.
- Saute garlic and onions. Add hot dog, beef, and pork. Cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Add salt, pepper, and banana ketchup.
- Add spaghetti sauce and carrots. Bring to a boil.
- Add green peppers, cheese and mix.
- Pour sauce on noodles.
Filipino Marinated Beef Strips
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- dash of white wine
- 1 lb of lean strips of beef about 1/4 inch thick
- cooking oil
- Mix garlic, soy, lemon juice, and wine.
- Pour over beef in airtight container.
- Refrigerate over night or up to 7 days.
- Heat oil in fry pan. Cook beef in oil about 2 minutes on each side.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.