Filipino cooking is loaded with flavor and variety depending on the region, so here's 5 Filipino Christmas recipes that will add color and flavor to your Christmas table. Filipinos have a sweet tooth which can be seen in many of their foods.
Filipino Coconut Soup
- 17 oz. coconut milk
- 17 oz. chicken stock
- 5 tsp galangal, peeled and chopped
- 4 lemongrass stocks, thinly sliced
- 2 kafir lime leaves
- 1 chicken breast, cubed
- 2 green chillies, sliced
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- few sprigs of coriander
- 1 lime, halved
- Put coconut milk, stock, galangal, lemongrass, and lime leaves into a saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, chillies, fish sauce, and sugar. Bring to a boil. Cook for 7-10 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and add a squeeze of lime and garnish with coriander.
Humba (Filipino Braised Pork Belly)
- 1 lb liempo, cut into serving size pieces
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup MAGGI Savor
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp raw skinless peanuts
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp tajure
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 package of MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
- Marinate liempo in vinegar and MAGGI Savor for 15 minutes.
- In a pan, put the pork, water, black beans, peanuts, and garlic. Bring to a boil, then add bay leaves, tajure, pepper, sugar, ad MAGGI SARAP.
- Cook uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice.
- 6 medium steamed crabs
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- dash white pepper
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 tbsps cooking oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp salt
- Remove crabmeat from shells.
- Saute garlic, onion, tomato, and crabmeat.
- Spoon into crab shells.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Add yolks, salt, and pepper. Beat for 3 minutes.
- Place 1 tbsp of egg over stuffed crabs.
- Fry in hot oil in pan for 5 minutes on each side.
Filipino Style Spaghetti
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 lb ground pork and ground beef
- 5 hot dogs thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, minced
- 1 green pepper, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 bulb garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce
- salt and pepper
- banana ketchup to taste
- Cook spaghetti according to directions
- In pan cook pork and beef. Remove from pan.
- Saute garlic and onions. Add hot dog, beef, and pork. Cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Add salt, pepper, and banana ketchup.
- Add spaghetti sauce and carrots. Bring to a boil.
- Add green peppers, cheese and mix.
- Pour sauce on noodles.
Filipino Marinated Beef Strips
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- dash of white wine
- 1 lb of lean strips of beef about 1/4 inch thick
- cooking oil
- Mix garlic, soy, lemon juice, and wine.
- Pour over beef in airtight container.
- Refrigerate over night or up to 7 days.
- Heat oil in fry pan. Cook beef in oil about 2 minutes on each side.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.