5 Easy French Recipes For Mardi Gras Desserts
Are you looking for 5 easy French recipes for Mardi Gras? Mardi Gras is such a special time in New Orleans and everyone will be serving the best French food available. These wonderful French recipes for Mardi Gras will be so delicious that you just may make these easy French recipes every week.
- 1-1/2 cups white flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Vegetable oil
- Whip cream
- fresh strawberries, sliced
- powdered sugar
- Sift the flour and the salt together. In a blender put the milk and eggs. Blend well.
- Add in the vanilla. Slowly add in the flour mixture. Pulse slowly until blended.
- Take a small non stick frying pan and brush the pan with oil. Heat the pan slightly and add in enough batter to make one crepe.
- Tilt the pan to spread the batter over the entire skillet. Let the crepe cook one minute and flip over. Use a plastic spatula.
- Place on a warm plate. When the crepes are cool, add the whip cream and fresh strawberries to the center of the crepe and roll.
- Dust the French crepes with powdered sugar. This easy French dessert is perfect for Mardi Gras.
Tartine Au Cacao
- Thick slices of toast
- 1 pint of cream frache or sour cream
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- Take the slices of bread and spread the cream on top. Sprinkle with the cocoa
- Take the slices of bread or toast and cut into half. Top each piece of toast with a little more cream frache.
- Serve with a large cup of hot chocolate that has a scoop of whip cream on top. Another great French recipe for Mardi Gras that is extremely easy to make.
Cooked Pears With Cinnamon for Mardi Gras
- 5 pears
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 cup pear brandy
- Peel the pears and slice very thinly. In the bottom of a small saucepan, place one layer of pears.
- Top the layer with a sprinkle of the sugar mixture and some of the lemon juice. Add another layer.
- Keep doing the same thing until you get to the last layer. Sprinkle the last layer with the pear brandy or plain water.
- Top the brandy with the last of the sugar cinnamon mixture. Cook the pears over medium heat until boiling.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover. Cook the pears until tender. Mardi Gras will never be the same after tasting this very easy French recipe.
Easy Mascarpone Cheese With Strawberries
- 3 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1-1/2 cups strawberries
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 lemon
- 6 meringues, crumbled
- 2 ounces dark chocolate
- In a bowl add in the mascarpone cheese, sugar and milk. Stir the cheese mixture well.
- Shred one teaspoon of lemon rind and add to the mascarpone mixture. Mix well.
- Slice the strawberries and add to the mascarpone cheese mixture. Mix the vinegar and honey together and set aside.
- Take a parfait glass and place some crumbled meringues in the bottom followed by a scoop of the cheese mixture. Add a few drops of the vinegar and honey mixture.
- Add more crushed meringues and followed by another scoop of the cheese mixture. Add a few more drops of the vinegar mixture and then topped with some shredded chocolate. Your guests will be asking for more after serving this wonderful French recipe for Mardi Gras.
- 200 grams dark 70% chocolate
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 5 teaspoons espresso coffee
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler first. While melting the chocolate, beat the egg whites and salt together.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add the egg yolks and the coffee to the melted chocolate.
- Gently fold in the egg whites, one third at a time. Pour the chocolate mixture into 3 ramekins.
- Cover the ramekins with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 to 4 hours before serving. Now what better French recipe could there be than this very simple and easy recipe for Mardi Gras.