When preparing for game day, having five easy game day recipes makes the prep work a lot faster. The less time spent in the kitchen, the more time that can be spent with friends and watching the game. The following require very little cooking skills and will make a great Game Day spread.
Tortilla Chips & Salsa
- Tortilla Chips
- Jar Salsa
- Small Bowl
- Large plate or platter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil, which makes clean-up faster.
- Open a bag of large tortilla chips and spread out on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for about five minute.
- Put salsa in a bowl and place the bowl on a large plate or serving platter.
- When the chips are hot, put them on the plate or platter and serve immediately.
- 1 lbs. Ground Beef
- Lettuce, Tomato, Mustard, Ketchup
- 1 package of 16 Dinner Rolls
- Large platter
- Line a baking sheet with no-stick foil and turn the broiler on.
- Divide the ground beef into 16 fairly-equal parts. Shape each part into a tiny burger patty with clean hands. Wash hands immediately after, with soap and warm water, to prevent spreading potentially harmful bacteria.
- Broil the burgers until done on the top, then carefully flip over and continue cooking till done.
- Slice the dinner rolls in half and serve the sliders (mini burgers) on the dinner rolls with lettuce, tomato, and other condiments.
Cold Cut Platter
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. each: Sliced Turkey, Sliced Ham, Sliced Roast Beef
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. Sliced Cheese (any variety or a mix)
- Large French Loaf
- Roll the cold cut slices into rolls and line up on a platter, keeping types of meat together. For example, open a package of sliced turkey, roll each slice and then line up and stack on one section of the platter. Then open a package of ham and roll each slice then line and stack next to the turkey, and so forth.
- Cheese is usually not good at being rolled up, so instead, cut each square or slice in half and line up on one section of the platter.
- Slice the French loaf into two-inch slices and then cut each slice partially open; sort of like Pac-Man, if you look at it from the side. Place the bread in a bowl and serve next to the platter.
- 1 lb. Cooked Chicken Breast (boneless, skinless)
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 package Taco Seasoning
- 1 to 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Monterey Jack or Mexican Blend Cheese
- Tortilla Chips
- Large platter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Put the cooked chicken breast into a food processor and process until crumbly. Add 1/2 cup mayonnaise and 1/2 cup sour cream to a bowl, add the crumbled chicken and the packet of taco seasoning. Stir well to combine.
- Lay the Tostitos Scoops or other tortilla chips in a single-layer on the cookie sheet. Spoon the chicken mixture into each Scoop, or onto each chip. Top with Monterey Jack or Mexican Blend cheese.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until hot and the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- 1 package Brownie Mix
- Water, Oil, Egg for Brownie Mix
- 8-inch foil pan
- No-stick Cooking Spray
- 1 Large Bowl
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, or according to package instructions. Spray a foil pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine the brownie mix, water, oil, and egg in a large bowl. Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Pour brownie mixture into prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes, or according to package instructions.
- Allow to cool for 15 to 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.