Heading to college and need to know 5 easy to get scholarships? Many people focus on the large scholarships, which are very competitive, and overlook the smaller ones, which are easier to obtain. One nice aspect to these easier scholarships is you can apply for several of them and the money adds up quickly. Any amount of free money for college is helpful.
- Tall Clubs International Student Scholarships Are you man six feet two inches or taller? A woman five feet ten inches or taller? If so, this is an easy to get scholarship because being tall qualifies for a $1,000 scholarship. You just need to submit an essay entitled, "What Being Tall Means to Me." It is best to contact them on their website for full instructions (www.tall.org).
- Frederick and Mary F. Beckley Left-Handed Scholarship If you are a lefty, you quality for an easy to get scholarship that ranges from $1,000 to $1,500. The two stipulations are that you attend Juniata College in Huntington, Pennsylvania and, of course, are left-handed.
- Lambert and Annetje Van Valkenburg Memorial Scholarship Is your last name Van Valckenburg or a close variation or it? If so, you qualify for this easy to get scholarship worth $1,000. You can go to the college of your choice with this scholarship. The only qualification is your last name.
- Billy Barty Foundation Scholarship If you missed out on the tall scholarship, perhaps you are shorter in stature. If you are, this is an easy to get scholarship for those that qualify. In order to qualify, you must be shorter than four feet eleven inches and have some type/form of dwarfism.
- Chick and Sophie Major Memorial Duck Calling Contest This is an easy to get scholarship ranging from $500 to $2,000 and open to all high school seniors. The only requirement is that you have the best duck calling ability. Recipients can apply the scholarship to the school of their choice.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Ebola, Brad Pitt, and giant spiders.