5 Easy Gluten Free Recipes
If you have gluten intolerance, these five gluten free recipes will perk up your palate. Gluten is found in wheat and wheat products, so it can be a nightmare trying to find pre-packaged foods that don't contain some gluten. And, you can develop a gluten intolerance at any time in your life, so cutting down on wheat is always a healthy way to go.
To make this easy gluten free seven layer bean dip, you will need:
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 package guacamole
- 1 package sour cream
- 1 can sliced olives
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 4 sliced green onions
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Using and eight inch square pan, layer the ingredients in the order listed.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
To make an easy gluten free broccoli salad, you will need:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 head chopped broccoli
- 1/2 pound sauteed, crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tomato
- Blend mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar and set aside.
- Mix broccoli, bacon and onion with the vinegar mixture overnight.
- Before serving, garnish with tomato wedges.
To make this easy gluten free taco soup, you will need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can rinsed red beans
- 1 can whole kernel corn with liquid
- 1 package taco seasoning
- In a large pot, brown beef and onion together. Drain grease.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer twenty minutes.
- Ladle into bowls. Top each bowl with crushed tortilla chips and a sprinkle of shredded cheese.
To make an easy gluten free apple crisp, you will need:
- 6 apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Peel and slice apples.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and the sugar together in a medium bowl. Add the apples.
- Spread apple mixture in an eight-inch square baking dish.
- Cut in the butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts.
- Sprinkle walnut streusel over the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Serve topped with whipped cream or ice cream.
To make this easy gluten free stuffing, you will need:
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 stalk chopped celery
- 4 cups pieces of toasted bread
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Saute onion, celery and butter in a large pot.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and heat to warm through.