Learn these 5 Easy Groundhog Day Recipes to celebrate Groundhog's Day. Groundhog Day is on February 2. it is celebrated in the United States. Why not celebrate this holiday with some great recipes. Whether you have friends over to watch a game or just enjoy a movie on Groundhogs Day these recipes will go over well.
1. Beef Chili with Red Peppers
- 3 pounds ground beef lean
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 red bell peppers seed and diced
- 2 white onions peeled and diced
- 1 can 15 oz. red pinto beans
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large pot on top of stove heat olive oil cook ground beef on medium heat. Break up large piece with a spatula or wooden spoon. Drain some fat from pan.
- Add the diced red bell peppers to the pan and diced onion. Cook for ten minutes or more.
- Add the chili powder, hot sauce, and hot pepper. Stir spices evenly into meat and vegetables.
- Pour in tomato sauce and pinto beans. Stir well and reduce heat.
- Simmer for about 45 minutes to an hour. Stir frequently.
- Serve with white or brown rice.
2. Red Leaf and Arugula Salad
Groundhogs like to eat greens so a green salad is a good recipes for Ground Hog's Day.
- 1 head red leaf lettuce chopped
- 1 head arugula chopped
- 2 tomatoes washed and diced
- 1 red onion thinly slice
- 2 pickling cucumbers peeled and slice thin
- 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and core greens drain well. Dice into bite size pieces and put in bowl.
- Wash and cut tomatoes. Dice into wedges add to bowl.
- Remove skin from onion discard. Dice into thin slices. Add to the salad.
- Peel cucumbers with potato peeler. Dice thinly add to salad bowl.
- Add crumbled Feta cheese evenly throughout mixture.
- Chill in refrigerator for an hour.
- In small bowl mix olive oil and red wine vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste. Whisk.
- Add to salad just before serving.
3. Easy Chorizo Appetizer
- 1 lb. chorizo sausages sliced diagonally thin
- 1 lb or sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread
- In a frying pan heat the oil. Chop the chorizo and add to the pan.
- Saute the chorizo for five minute or longer. Add the sliced mushroom and parsley.
- Continue to cook for another two to three minutes. Add the white wine and paprika.
- Continue to cook until vegetables and chorizo are cooked.
- Cut bread into 1/2 inch pieces. Serve hot chorizo on bread.
4. Fresh Limeade
- 1 cup fresh lime juice or concentrate
- 1 cup sugar
- lime slices
- food coloring
- 2 cups seltzer water or soda water
- Optional 1 cup white wine
- Combine the lime juice, sugar and seltzer or soda water in pitcher.
- Add few drops green food coloring. Mix well.
- Add ice cubes. Add white wine optional
- Chill in refrigerator for an hour. Serve over ice.
- Add more lime juice as needed.
5. Dirt Pie
- 1 box French vanilla pudding
- 1 box chocolate pudding
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 package chocolate graham crackers
- Combine vanilla pudding with two cup of milk or more according to package directions. Cook on top of stove over medium heat whisking until thickened about five minutes.
- In separate pan combine chocolate pudding with milk cook over medium heat whisking until done. It should cook about five minutes.
- Pour pudding into a large bowl or mold. Put vanilla on the bottom and chocolate on the top.
- Chill in the refrigerator a few hours.
- Crumble chocolate graham cracker cookies to look like dirt and sprinkle over pudding.
- Serve in bowl or glasses topped with whipped cream.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.