Learn about 5 easy holiday dessert recipes to make some quick desserts that will make guests happy and give you more free time. Holiday desserts are a must at Christmas and New Years. But it's not necessary to spend a lot of time making elaborate treats to share. These easy holiday dessert recipes will give you time to enjoy the party, whether you're the host or are taking these easy holiday desserts to a party.
1. Eggnog Laced Bread Pudding
- 12 slices of bread like cinnamon bread or sourdough bread
- 2 cups eggnog
- 3 eggs
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Layer six of the bread slices in a baking dish. Pour the eggs and 1 cup of eggnog over the bread.
- Add the remaining six slices of bread on top. Pour the other cup of eggnog over the bread.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 375 degree Fahrenheit.
- Top this easy dessert with sprinkled powdered sugar. Serve with ice cream or alone.
2. Chocolate Cracker Cookies
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Line cookie sheet with sides on it with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Set the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit/
- Spread the saltine crackers out in a single layer.
- Bring brown sugar and butter to a boil in a pan on the stove. Stir occasionally. Let it boil for 3 minutes.
- Pour the brown sugar and butter mixture on top of the saltine crackers. If needed, spread the caramel mixture but it will probably spread on its own.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove pan from the oven.
- Add the chocolate chips on top of the hot crackers. Spread the chocolate. Let cool.
- Remove the crackers from the pan and place in a covered container. Put in the refrigerator. When cold, break these apart and serve.
3. Peppermint Pudding
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 8 vanilla wafer cookies
- 1 crushed candy cane
- Prepare the pudding according to the package directions. Place in four decorative bowls.
- Chill for several hours.
- Crush a candy cane by placing the candy cane in a heavy plastic bag. Use a heavy object like a rolling pin to crush the candy.
- Serve this easy holiday dessert by placing two vanilla wafer cookies into each bowl. Top with crushed candy cane.
4. Brownie Delight
- Bakery brownies
- Mint chocolate chip ice cream
- For an easy holiday dessert when you have no time to cook or bake, place individual brownies from the bakery in serving bowls.
- Scoop ice cream and put on the bowl.
5. Fruit and Cheese Platter
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- 1 cluster of grapes
- 1 kiwi
- 1/2 pound of two selections of cheese
- Wash the fruit. Let it dry.
- Snip the stem of the grapes to make several mini clusters
- Slice the apple and pear into thin slices.
- Peel the kiwi. Slice the green fruit.
- Arrange the fruit on a large platter.
- Cut the cheese into cubes and add to the platter.
- Let guests serve themselves this easy dessert by providing a shot glass with toothpicks in the center of the platter.