5 Easy Holiday Ham Recipes
These 5 easy holiday ham recipes will receive praise for presentation and delicious flavors. The holiday ham recipes are easy to prepare and sure to impress the in-laws.
Ham with Pineapple
- 1 (12 pound) bone-in ham
- 1/2 cup whole cloves
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple rings in heavy syrup
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 (20 ounce) bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Place ham in a roasting pan. Score the rind of the ham in a diamond pattern with a sharp knife.
- Press a clove into the center of each diamond.
- Drain the juice from the pineapple rings into a medium bowl, and stir in the brown sugar and lemon-lime soda.
- Coat the ham with this mixture.
- Arrange the pineapple rings over the outside of the ham.
- Place a maraschino cherry in the center of each pineapple ring. Secure with a toothpick.
- Bake uncovered for 4 to 5 hours, basting frequently with the juices, until the internal temperature of the ham is 160 degree.
- Remove toothpicks before serving.
- This easy holiday ham recipe is a classic recipe that is perfect for the holidays.
Hot Ham and Swiss Dip
- Hot Ham and Swiss Dip
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped ham
- 1/2 cup onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoons caraway seeds, slightly crushed
- Mix together cheese, ham, onion and flour in a bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard and caraway seeds. Mix until well blended.
- Spread in 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees about 25 minutes or until heated through and bubbly around edges.
- To save time making appetizers, buy the holiday ham already cooked.
- Serve warm with crackers.
Ranch Ham Roll-Ups
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 11 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 22 thin slices deli ham
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and salad dressing mix until smooth.
- Add onions, bell pepper olives and cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- Spread about 3 tablespoons of the mixture over each tortilla. Place two ham slices on the top of mixture on each of the tortillas.
- Roll up tightly and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 3/4-in. slices.
This holiday ham recipe can be made the day before and kept in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Prosciutto wrapped asparagus
- 1/2 pound prosciutto, sliced
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 12 spears fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Oil or spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Blanch the asparagus for 1 minute, plunge into an ice water bath, & drain.
- Spread prosciutto slices with Neufchatel cheese. Wrap slices around 2 or 3 asparagus spears.
- Sprayed both the bottom of the baking sheet with oil. Arrange wrapped spears in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
- 1 1/2 cups ground baked ham
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise – add more if needed to be able to spread on the crackers
- Hard boil one egg.
- In a food processor or mini chopper grind ham to desired consistency.
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients, cover and chill.
- Serve on crackers.
The five easy holiday ham recipes are delicious and easy to prepare for your family and friends during the holidays.