5 Easy Independence Day Recipes
Knowing 5 these easy Independence Day recipes allows more time to celebrate the freedom of the United States on July 4th, 1776. Some of the available easy and delicious recipes that commemorate this festive holiday enable the red, white, and blue flag colors to be featured in their ingredients. Some of the traditional foods enjoyed on Independence Day include potato salad, potato chips, and barbequed foods.
Tomato Kebabs on the Grill
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a charcoal grill.
- Brush grill with oil.
- Place tomatoes on skewers, threading them through the stem.
- Brush tomatoes with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place skewers on grill, turning once.
- Cook only until seared on the outside but firm inside, about five minutes.
Raspberry-Cookie Low Calorie Independence Day Dessert
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup low-fat sweetened yogurt
- 3 or 4 cookies (any favorite flavor)
- 3 or 4 Tbsp. sugar or use equivalent sugar-free agent
- Serving glasses or bowls
- Beat yogurt until smooth and creamy.
- Blend raspberries until smooth.
- Add sugar and blend for another two minutes.
- Crumble the cookies into a coarse powder.
- In glasses or bowls layer two spoonfuls of raspberry, yogurt, cookie crumbs, another raspberry, another yogurt, and top with cookie crumbs.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Red Raspberry Sherbet for Independence Day
- 4 cups (1 quart) raspberries
- 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 3/4 cup unrefined sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Place ingredients in blender and puree until smooth (minimum one minute).
- Refrigerate at least two hours or overnight.
- Freeze mixture in ice cream maker according to directions.
Independence Day Cookies
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 36 blueberries
- 18 strawberries, hulled and halved
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Beat butter with cream cheese until well blended.
- Beat in sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in flour until well mixed.
- Shape into one-inch balls.
- Place two inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Place a blueberry and a strawberry half, cut side down, in a small dent you make in the top of each cookie.
- Bake for twelve to eighteen minutes or until only lightly browned.
- Cool completely.
Independence Day Jello Salad
- 12-ounce frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- 24 ounce cottage cheese
- 6-ounce package red jello
- In a large bowl combine whipped topping, cottage cheese, and gelatin mix.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Chill in refrigerator.