5 Easy Italian Cooking Recipes
A beginners level cook may be looking for 5 easy Italian cooking recipes, look no further. Italian cooking consists of much more than just some tomatoes and pasta. These easy Italian recipes will have you cooking like a pro in no time.
- 1 pound potatoes
- 1 pound asiago cheese
salt & pepper to taste
- Potato Prep. Peel potatoes and boil whole. Diced cheese into small cubes. When potatoes are cooked, mash into a chunky consistency.
- In the pan. Flatten potatoes into the bottom of a frying pan. Add cheese cubes to the top. You may not need all of the cheese.
- Cooking the potatoes. Cook until a golden color and cheese begins to melt. Approximately 7 to 9 minutes. Flip Frico and cook and additional 6 minutes on the other side. Remove from heat.
- ¼ Cup olive Oil
- ½ Cup Onion, chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Large eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 4 Fresh Roma Tomatoes (canned tomatoes can be substituted)
- 2 TBS fresh Basil, Chopped
- 2 TBS fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ Cup Fresh Parmesan, grated
- Saute. Heat olive oil in large pan over medium high heat. Add onion and pepper. Saute until onion starts to become translucent, usually about 3 minutes. Stir constantly to prevent burning. Add eggplant and saute an additional 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. Saute for 3 more minutes.
- Mix. Remove pan from heat. Stir in parmesan and parsley until well mixed.
Fried Zucchini and Ricotta over Linguine
- 2 pounds zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ Cup fresh Romano Cheese, grated
- 8oz Ricotta Cheese (preferably whole milk)
- 1 pound Linguine, cooked
- Zucchini. Heat large pan with Olive oil over medium high heat. Quickly saute garlic. Remove when golden brown. Add Zucchini in small batches. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Remove from oil and place on paper towels.
- Mix. Add linguine and garlic into pan. Toss with approximately half the zucchini, salt, pepper, and half the Romano cheese.
- Serve. Transfer to platter. Place remaining zucchini on top. Dollop with ricotta and sprinkle remaining romano.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ½ parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 cups cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound fettuccine, cooked
- Sauce. Melt better in large pan over medium heat. Stir constantly to prevent any burning. Add cream and parmesan cheese. Continue stirring until cheese is completely melted. Add salt and pepper.
- Mix. Add cooked fettuccine to sauce mix. Toss until well coated.
- 2 pounds Fresh Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 4 TBS Olive Oil (preferable Extra Virgin)
- 8 Basil leaves, rough chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Arrange. Place tomato slices on a platter. Add mozzarella slices to the top of the tomatoes. Sprinkle with basil, salt, and pepper.