This Easter, wow your friends and family with one of these 5 easy Italian Easter bread recipes. Each region in Italy has their own recipes for Italian Easter bread. Try all of these Italian Easter bread recipes.
To make Easter bread from Naples, you will need:
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 pound ham, shredded
- 1 hard-boiled egg, diced
- 1/4 cup oregano and parsley, minced
- 4 1/5 cups flour
- 1 packet of dry bread yeast, dissolved in warm water
- Sauté the pepper, onion, prosciutto, and ham in a little oil. Cook until the onion is translucent.
- Mix the flour with the remaining ingredients. Add enough water to get a firm dough.
- Knead it until it is smooth and elastic. Cover it and let it rise for an hour. Bake this Italian Easter bread in a 450-degree oven for fifteen to 20 minutes.
To make Italian sausage bread, you will need:
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 pound Italian sausage, browned
- salt and pepper
- Roll out dough into a rectangle. Sprinkle the rest of the ingredients over surface.
- Roll up from one end. Dampen edges of dough. Pinch to seal.
- Make slashes across the dough. Let rise for 30 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
To make Lombardy Easter bread, you will need:
- 3 1/2-4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Combine two cups flour, yeast, salt, sugar, spices and lemon in a large bowl. Heat milk and butter.
- Add milk mixture and eggs to dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Add enough flour to form a soft dough. Knead until smooth. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Divide dough into four equal pieces. Make four balls and place into a cake pan.
- Cover the pan. Let rise in warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Brush on loaf with the beaten egg. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 45 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
To make the Easter bread of the Marche you will need:
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 4 1/4 teaspoons yeast
- Pinch of sugar
- 5 eggs, well beaten
- 4 cups flour
- 2/3 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 butter plus1 tablespoon, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 teaspoons salt
- Zest of one orange
- Mix the water and yeast. Sprinkle with sugar and let it sit.
- Dump the flour onto a large cutting board. Add all ingredients and the orange zest.
- Mix well by hand. Make a well in the center. Pour the eggs and butter into the well and mix with your hands. Add the yeast mixture as you mix.
- Add flour if needed until the dough is not sticky. Knead until smooth.
- Put the dough in a buttered baking dish. Cover with a towel. Let rise for one hour in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes. Take out when it is golden brown.
To make the Easter bread of Calabria you will need:
- 1 package quick-rising yeast
- 1 1/4 cups scalded milk, cooled
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 teaspoon of water
- 6 dyed Easter eggs, raw in the shell
- In a large bowl, combine yeast, warm milk, salt, butter, eggs and sugar. Add about half the flour and beat until smooth with dough hook. Slowly add the rest of the flour, Turn dough out onto a floured board.
- Knead until smooth. Place in a greased bowl, Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about an hour.
- Punch dough down, divide into twelve pieces. Roll into one inch thick rope and twist it. Loop into a circle.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until double.
- Brush bread with beaten egg wash. In the middle of each bread ring, gently place an Easter egg.
- Bake at 350 degrees about twenty minutes. Cool on rack.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.