5 Easy Italian Easter Recipes
Learn about 5 easy Italian recipes for Easter that are tasty and simple to make. Enjoy the holidays by planning ahead what you will be making for dinner. Easy Italian recipes are healthy and delicious to make. Enjoy the Easter holiday with these easy Italian Easter dishes that use fresh ingredients and simple methods. A salad, lamb, pasta, vegetable and dessert make a great easy Italian Easter dinner for those that don't have time to plan an elaborate feast.
Caprese Easter Italian Salad
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese sliced thin
- 4 or 5 plum tomatoes washed and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves removed from stems and chopped
- 12 pitted black olives sliced
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the mozzarella cheese thinly. Put aside.
- Slice the tomatoes and put on plate. Add sliced cheese on top.
- Chop basil and sprinkle over cheese and tomatoes.
- Dice pitted olives sprinkle over plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice over entire salad. Serve at room temperature.
Italian Roast Leg of Lamb for Easter
- 1 leg of lamb about 4 to 5 pounds well trimmed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic in jar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Rub the olive oil into the leg of lamb skin well.
- Sprinkle the leg of lamb with the dried oregano.
- Rub the crushed garlic into skin evenly.
- Put leg of lamb in roasting pan with a rack. Season the meat with salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Roast for one hour or more.
- It should reach a temperature of 130 degrees for medium rare. About 140 to 150 for well done.
- When the meat is cooked let it sit fifteen or twenty minutes. Slice and serve.
- 1 lb. ziti or penne pasta
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon or concentrate juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl add lemon juice, olive oil and grated parmesan cheese.
- Whisk the ingredients well. Zest the lemon skin then add.
- Grate the zest using a peeler or zester. Whisk zest into mixture.
- Boil water in large pan cooking ziti or penne until cooked. It takes about seven or eight minutes.
- Drain the pasta and put in bowl. Pour lemon sauce over ziti or penne. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with extra lemon slices and grated cheese.
Butter Carrots in Marsala Wine
- 1 lb. baby carrots
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine.
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a skillet melt butter. Add the baby carrots.
- Saute about five minutes on medium high.
- Add marsala wine, water and honey to the pan.
- Cover and let simmer for twenty to 25 minutes. Cook carrots well.
- Add more wine and butter if needed while cooking
- Serve warm.
Fresh Fruit with Limoncello
- 2 bananas peeled and sliced
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries or raspberries
- 1 quart fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Limoncello
- whipped cream
- Peel and slice the bananas. Discard skin.
- Wash and slice the strawberries or raspberries.
- Put fruit in bowl. Wash and add blueberries.
- Mix in one tablespoon of lemon juice and add limoncello.
- Mix well chill in refrigerator for one hour.
- Serve with whipped cream.