5 Easy Japanese Cooking Recipes
If you love Japanese food, you must learn these 5 easy Japanese cooking recipes. You might believe that due to the complexity of the recipes, you can only eat Japanese food at restaurants. However, enjoying Japanese food at home is possible by following these easy Japanese cooking recipes.
1. Beef Sukiyaki
To make beef sukiyaki, you will need:
- 2 lbs. thinly sliced boneless beef sirloin
- 4 cut diagonally in 1/2-inch slices stalks celery
- 2 sliced onions
- 1 cut 2-inch lengths bunch green onions
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (8 oz.) bamboo shoots
- 1 cut in 1-inch tofu
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup sukiyaki sauce
- Electric skillet
- Heat vegetable oil in electric skillet at 300 F. Add 2/3 of boneless beef sirloin, 2/3 of each vegetable and tofu; keep them separate.
- Add sukiyaki sauce and cook everything for five to six minutes. Turn beef and vegetables over gently.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook five to six minutes longer. Ready to serve.
2. Shrimp Tempura
To make shrimp tempura, you will need:
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups iced water
- 2 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 lbs. medium shrimps
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup tempura dipping sauce
- 1 cup hot water
- Electric skillet
- Beat large egg, and then blend in iced water. Sprinkle sifted cake flour evenly over liquid.
- Mix everything with a whisk until large lumps disappear. Clean and drain medium shrimps; dip them with flour batter.
- Fry four to five pieces of shrimps in vegetable oil in electric skillet preheated to 375 F until light golden brown. Drain well before serving.
- Serve tempura dipping sauce mixing with hot water.
3. Sushi Rice
To make sushi rice, you will need:
- 6 cups white rice
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- Rice cooker
- Put rice in rice cooker, and rinse it with tape water. Add water in rice cooker.
- Cook rice for twenty minutes. Drizzle vinegar over hot cooked rice. Mix everything by folding them gently.
4. Miso Soup
To make miso soup, you will need:
- 1 cut in 1/2-inch tofu
- 1/2 sheet roasted seaweed
- 1/2 stalk (diced in little pieces) green onion
- 1 can (8 oz.) bean paste broth
- Medium saucepan
- Pour bean paste broth in medium saucepan and heat it over the stove until boiling.
- Add tofu, seaweed and green onion while stirring the broth gradually. Serve hot.
5. Chicken Teriyaki
To make chicken teriyaki, you will need:
- 1/2 cup teriyaki marinade and sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 lbs. (crosswise cut into 1/2-inch think slices) boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Steamed vegetables
- Large plastic storage bag
- 2/3 cup water
- Mix teriyaki marinade and sauce and sugar; dissolve sugar in sauce.
- Put chicken along with three tablespoons mixture in storage bag. Coat all chicken pieces well with mixture.
- Marinate everything for fifteen minutes. Add water to the remaining mixture and blend in cornstarch.
- Heat vegetable in electric skillet and saute chicken for five minutes or so.
- Cook chicken by adding mixture to it until sauce is slightly boiled and thickened. Serve with steamed vegetables.