Need 5 easy Jewish holiday recipes? Jewish food by its very nature is low key and traditional and usually easy to prepare. These 5 easy Jewish holiday recipes are traditional foods eaten on Passover but can easily be served for Hanukah, Purim or to break Rosh Hashana fast. Even if you're not a Jewish cook, you can easily impress friends and family alike with these 5 easy recipes.
Haroses is a tradition Jewish dish which mimics the mortar the Isralites used to bond bricks when they were enslaved in bondage.
To make an easy Jewish holiday recipe of haroses, you will need:
- 1 "Red Delicious" apple
- 3 tablespoons Manischewitz grape wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped walnuts
- Chop the red Delicious apple in small pieces. Place in small bowl.
- Mix in the chopped walnuts.
- Add the 3 tablespooons of Manischewitz grape wine. Mix well to combine all ingredients.
- Prepare a day before Passover and place in the refrigerator.
- Haroses gets better the longer it sits as the grape wine permeates the other ingredients.
- Serve with a side plate of matzo.
2. Easy Fried Matzo
Every Jewish household has matzo left over after Passover.
To make easy fried matzo, you will need:
- Three pieces of matzo
- One egg
- 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Sour cream (optional)
- Place matzo under running water until soggy. Break up and place in a colander to drain.
- Lightly scramble the egg with a fork in a medium sized bowl. Add in the matzo and mix to combine. Add salt and pepper and mix well..
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet. When hot, add in pancake sized ladles of the matzo and egg mixture. Brown each side well and place on paper towels to drain.
- Serve with spoonfuls of sour cream.
3. Gefilte Fish.
To make a delicious easy recipe of gefilte fish, you will need:
- A jar of gefilte fish
- One onion
- Ten peppercorns
- Horseradish (optional)
- Drain jelly from gefilte fish and place in saucepan. Heat until melted.
- Add in diced onion and peppercorn. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Cool and add in pieces of gefilte fish. Place in refrigerator overnight and serve with horseradish.
4. Egg Soup
To make egg soup, a Jewish soup served during Passover, you will need:
- Two hard boiled eggs, mashed well
- One pitcher of salt water using 1 tsp of water to every cup of water
- Place shelled hard boiled eggs in bowl and have each person pour salt water on their egg.
- Using a fork, each person should mash the hard boiled egg in the water in their individual bowl.
5. Brisket and potatoes
To make an easy Jewish recipe of brisket and potatoes, you will need:
- 1 three pound first cut brisket
- One packet of Lipton's onion soup
- Three potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Approximately 2 cups of water
- Add brisket to a roasting pan. Rub with onion soup.
- Place potatoes around brisket.
- Add 2 cups of water to the pan. Cover and roast at 350F for two hours or until a fork goes into the brisket easily.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!