5 Easy Kickboxing Drills
These 5 easy kickboxing drills will have you throwing lightening fast kicks with precision. Kickboxing is similar to the sport of boxing, but kickboxing allows the use of devastating kicks in addition to punches being thrown. When you learn the five easy kickboxing drills, it will help you deliver strikes that will assist you in winning a match.
- Right leg front kick drill. Raise your leg in front of you, the knees not yet fully extended. Thrust your hips forward and extend your leg at the target. The ball of the foot should only make contact with the target, not the heel of your foot. Make sure to breath out as you make contact. Fold your legs and place it back down to your fighting position. This easy kickboxing drill is a good way to prevent your opponent from chasing you.
- Back leg round kick is an easy kickboxing drill. In your fighting stance lift your back leg forward, your knee shouldn't be extended. Pivot your front leg, so you won't tear your knee. Extend your leg and make contact with your foot.
- Side kick drill. Lift your front leg where the knee is close to your stomach. Pivot your back foot. Extend your leg forward making contact with the target with the heel of your foot. Bring back your front leg to a bent position and place your foot down on the ground.
- Spinning rear kick is an easy kickboxing drill. Turn away from your opponent keeping full eye contact with the person. When you turn have your front leg standing on the ball of your foot. When you're about to throw the kick whip your head around to make your kick accurate. Make contact with your target with the heel of your foot.
- Roundhouse kick, an easy kickboxing drill. Lift the back leg forward in a bent position. Pivot the front foot be lifting your heel. Extend your leg and make contact with your shin bone. Snap your knee back to a bent position and place it on the ground.