5 Easy Kickboxing Exercises
Make your workout interesting and learn 5 easy kickboxing exercises. Kickboxing is not just a contact sport, but also an aerobic exercise that can burn 500-800 calories in a one hour class. Even if you do not have a gym membership or access to a kickboxing class you can still utilize some easy kickboxing exercises in your own home and not only get fit, but exercise your mind and practice discipline.
For a quick ten minute fat burn try these five easy kickboxing exercises.
- Jab, Cross and Uppercut These are basic kickboxing upper body moves, punching straight ahead, punching across the body and punching upwards targeting the opponents chin. Jab, cross, and uppercut in secession, begin on your dominate hand side. Continue these moves for thirty seconds, rest for 30 seconds then repeat on the other side.
- Front Kick. In kickboxing a person will kick their foot high in the air to reach their opponents chest. Kick your foot to an imaginary opponent taking a few seconds for each extension. Do this kick for thirty seconds, rest for thirty seconds then switch legs.
- Roundhouse Kick. In Kickboxing this is also known as a circle kick and is performed by striking the foot around in a circular or chopping motion. The basic motion brings the leg from one side of the body to the other side of the body. Round House kicks are very popular in film and on TV because of their quick and graceful looking moves and are fairly easy to learn with cooperative hips. Perform roundhouse kicks for thirty seconds then switch sides.
- Side Kick. Kickthe heel or side of the foot parallel to the ground on the side of the body. Continue kicking for thirty seconds, rest for thirty seconds then repeat on the other side of the body.
- Combination Punches and Kicks. Combine the jab, uppercut and sidekick, one jab followed by an uppercut, then kick. Do this for thirty seconds, rest and then repeat on the other side.
Kickboxing is not only a fat burning exercise and aerobic activity, but is a stress reliever after a long day. The physical attributes of exercise relieve stress, but beating down whoever your opponent is in your mind is priceless stress relief you can do at home.