If you want to know 5 easy leftover lobster recipes, search no more. Lobster is great, and it is a pity to waste any leftover lobster meat you may have. Leftover lobster can make great dips, spread, and even stew.
To make lobster spread, you will need the following.
- ½ lb. finely chopped lobster, cooked
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Chopped green onion
Fresh ground pepper
- Mix spread. Use a good sized bowl to mix your ingredients. Place the lobster and mayonnaise in a bowl. Mix it and add in chopped green onions and pepper to taste. The more green onions you add, the chunkier your spread.
- Chill and serve. Once the lobster spread is made, spoon it into a decorative bowl. Cover the mixture and place it in the refrigerator for at least two hours. Once the spread is chilled, serve with crackers.
To make lobster fondue, you will need the following.
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ tsp. red pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 5 oz lobster cut into small pieces
- Melt the cheese and butter. Place a nice size pan over low heat. Melt the butter in the pan. Slowly add in cheese as you stir constantly. This will make a cheese butter mixture. They may appear to be separated at the time.
- Mix and serve. Add the red pepper sauce and slowly stir in the wine. Once the wine is completely mixed in, the mixture should have more of a smooth consistency. Add in the lobster and mix as well. Serve hot.
To make lobster stew, you will need the following.
- 1 ¼ lb. lobster cubed
- 5 cups milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Pinch white pepper
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- Scald the milk. Using a decent size pot scald the milk with the lobster shells in it. Once the milk is ready remove the shells and throw them away.
- Saute lobster. To saute your leftover lobster, place the butter in a large skillet. Add the lobster and just slightly saute it. Add in the milk and bring this mixture to a boil. Then remove the skillet from the heat.
- Add the cream. Lastly add cream and seasoning. Season the stew to taste and serve immediately.
Lobster Fried Rice
To make lobster fried rice, you will need the following.
- 1 lb. lobster cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup pea pods
- 1 can baby corn
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dark soy sauce
- Cook the egg. Place a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add the oil to the skillet and allow it to get hot. Cook the eggs in the hot oil and break them into small pieces.
- Stir-fry vegetables. When the eggs are cooked, add the garlic, ginger, carrots, pea pods, scallions, and baby corn. Stir-fry the vegetables for a few minutes.
- Stir-fry the rice. Add the rice to the skillet or wok and fry it with the vegetables for two to three minutes. Next add the leftover lobster and the soy sauce to the skillet. Stir-fry it for a little over a minute. Serve hot.
To make lobster fritters, you will need the following.
- 1 cup chopped lobster
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Heat the cooking oil. These lobster fritters are deep fried and need to be cooked in hot oil. You can fry them in the cooking oil of your choice. Place a large skillet over medium high heat and heat up your cooking oil.
- Make the fritters. Beat your eggs very well in a decent size bowl. Once the eggs are beaten, add the milk. Sift the baking powder and flower into the milk egg mixture. At this time you will also add salt and pepper to taste. Lastly fold the lobster into this mixture.
- Fry the fritters. Drop spoonfuls of the mix into the hot oil. Allow them to fry until they are golden brown. When they are done place them in a pan lined with paper towels.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …