5 Easy Low Calorie Meals
The best 5 easy low calorie meals are the kinds of meals that will not hit you hard around your waistline. They are the types of meals that are also easy to prepare, so that you have the best of both worlds: low calories and a short preparation time. And, last but not least, while these meals are low calorie and relatively quick to make, they also taste great, so you are a winner all around.
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde. This is the best easy low calorie meal. Beef & Bean Chile Verde comes with only 307 calories, and its preparation time is only around 30 minutes, which is quite welcome if you are just getting home from a long day at the office and need something quick to consume. In order to make this chile a true meal, you need only add some red onion, cilantro and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Black Bean & Salmon Tostadas. The second best easy low calorie meal is this entry which only takes some 25 minutes to prepare. Featuring only 319 calories, it also makes use of convenient foods that you can buy right in your local grocery store, foods like canned salmon, store-bought avocado, cilantro and pickled jalapenos. When you serve it, serve it alongside brown rice that's been cooked with salsa and onions.
- Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Cream Sauce. The third best easy low calorie meal, chicken breasts with mushroom cream sauce arrives on your plate with an extra health bonus: selenium that counts for 34 percent of your daily requirement. Taking only 30 minutes to prepare and cook, chicken breasts with mushroom cream sauce should be made with a moderate amount of cream sauce to guard against overpowering the dish.
- Chicken & White Bean Salad. Chicken and white bean salad comes in at number four on this list of the easy low calorie meals, because it only has 428 calories. Taking only 25 minutes to make, this low calorie meal is defined by the trademark crunch that its ingredients of celery and zucchini give it. Any sort of salad greens will make a great bed on which to serve the chicken.
- Cod Tomato Cream Sauce. The beauty with this low calorie meal is how it really brings out the flavor of the cod. Serve this great meal that only comes with 227 calories and takes 25 minutes to prepare with either rice or farro and a mixed green salad. As a health bonus, one plate of this will also contribute to your daily requirements of both potassium as well as vitamin C.