Easy, low calories recipes are available, but if you want tasty, easy, low calorie recipes, there are five detailed below. When cooking low calorie recipes, it's important to get the freshest, best quality ingredients, so don't spare any expense.
To make easy, low calorie butternut squash soup (four servings), you will need:
- 32 oz. of butternut squash
- 6 oz. peeled carrots
- 1 onion
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Cinnamon, nutmeg and salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel and dice butternut squash and place on a cookie sheet along with the diced carrots. Spray with olive oil and roast in the oven for 30 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- In a stock pot, saute onions until soft in a bit of cooking spray. Add vegetable broth and roasted butternut squash and carrots. Simmer for ten minutes.
- Puree soup in a blender or with an immersion blender. Season with nutmeg, cinnamon and salt to taste.
To make a delicious, low calorie side dish of spaghetti squash for two, you will need:
- 1 spaghetti squash, split in half and seeded.
- Olive oil spray
- Butter spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cut edges of squash with olive oil spray and place cut side down on a cookie sheet. Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until soft.
- Using a fork, separate the strands of the spaghetti squash and toss with a few sprays of the butter spray.
- Season with salt and pepper. For an added treat, top with just one teaspoonful of Parmesan cheese.
To make delicious, low calorie mashed potatoes for two, you will need:
- Two 5-inch Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Dice potatoes and boil for fifteen minutes until soft.
- Mash to the desired consistency and add in the chicken broth to get the right texture.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
To make low calorie bacon and egg sandwich for one, you will need:
- 1/2 cup of egg whites
- 1 tsp. chives
- 1 tsp. green onions
- 1 slice turkey bacon
- Butter flavored spray
- Low calorie bread
- Toast bread. Spray saucepan with the butter spray and add the egg whites. Cook until set.
- Top with chives and green onions and fold over to make an omelet.
- Cook turkey bacon on high in a microwave for just one minute, until crisp.
- Place egg and bacon on bread. Enjoy.
To make easy, low calorie recipe for dipping fruit, you will need:
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp. brown sugar Splenda
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Add more brown sugar Splenda if you prefer a sweeter dip.
- Use any kind of hard fruit to dip into the low calorie yogurt fruit dip.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.